France- North vs South

Hi, can anyone tell me is it true that in North France (Calais, Lille) is easier to find a job then in south (Nontpellier, Nice) and living costs (rent, prices in shops) is cheaper? Thanks

Hello, recently I've read an article on yahoo.fr about the living costs, the rents I think, and in the south they were indeed more expensive than in the north. At some regions I think.. I can't find this link now, though. About the shops, I've heard that in the south they're more expensive, I guess because they're more touristic. I've been many times in Lille, I didn't find the prices so expensive. As for the jobs, I have no idea!

Thanks mates for information.

Hi!

I don't know about Lille, maybe being the third largest city in France, there are a lot more employment opportunities, but Calais and the Nord Pas de Calais have one of the highest unemployment rates in France, especially among the young. It is very difficult for many of the locals to find work, although, again, it might depend on what kind of job that you are seeking. Having said that, people are always finding work, the unemployment figures are a global statistic!

Sorry if this sounds a bit negative! Good luck anyway!