Guitar Repair

I really need to get my electric guitar (Ibanez) fixed up. Its been making some buzzing sound and I think its partly because of some grounding problem and partly because of the action, which is also making it a bit harder to play.
Can anyone help me out in this regard and maybe point me to a shop where they can fix my electric guitar?

Hello killerdrama.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

What do you mean partly because of the action?

There's a aDawliah repair shop, it's on Prince Faisal Bin Turki Street [between King Fahd and Abdulaziz Ibn Musaid Ibn Jalawy], near Lulu hypermarket. They might be able to fix it for you.

The distance of the strings from the fretboard. Its possible that multiple strings are being pressed down, especially on the higher frets, so I'm wondering if that might also be a possible cause of concern.

What's the buzzing sound like?
Some guitars have a slight buzzing sound that sort of disappears when you touch the strings.
If it's a grounding problem, can't you check the wiring yourself?

Isn't the whole point of playing the guitar, pressing multiple strings?

I was looking for a volume POT and I found it in the shop, but it was too expensive. And I've seen a guitar there, so maybe they could fix it.

Your initial thought is correct.  Buzzing occurs with improper grounding and/or loose (solder coming loose) connections in your cable.  Cheap fix, try another cable first.  Then have someone go through and resolder all connections inside.  If you cannot find an electric shop around, let me know and I can get you straight.

it sounds like the ground wire on your pick up has come loose. you can resolder it and should solve your problem.

do you also accept acoustic guitar servicing.

am in Khobar so do you have outlets here?

I am now in Khobar, do you have outlets here nearby?

Do you also accept Acoustic Guitar servicing?

Thanks

Hello ricdaos,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

You should consider starting a new thread on the Khobar forum in order to be able to find skilled guitar repair professional near your location

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team