Degree verification

Hi everyone
I am due to receive an offer for work in Saudi Arabia. I hold a degree from a Eastern European university and would like to understand how to get this verified. The university does no longer exist and I am unsure as to how can I prove my education.
Any help is appreciated!
Thank you
B.

Hello acizek.

Hope that you'll get positive responses soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

i dong know how Europe works but in the US the records are stored with the accreditation board also. its actuallly the Saudi govt that requires the actual diploma. i had lost mine in a move and had my official transcripts which in the US is what employers and etc want. The govt wouldn't accept them and I had to get new diplomas. you might want to ask your recruiter is their a process for your situation but I know that they will not go with your word and no documentation. Someone has to have proof of your education somewhere and if not i feel for you as basically if no one can verify it you pretty much don't have it. In the US the actually call the school also as documents are easy to fake. Saudi only requires a copy of your diploma. :)

hi beridge and thanks!
I finished my studies in late 90s and there was no such thing as accreditation boards back then...
I still have not looked in the storage and maybe I can find my diploma somewhere however would that be enough?