Moving to malta

I am a muslim and want to know of mosque and muslim in Malta, if I buy a place how much do I need on top to live, are we covered for medical with E11 card as I am british from UK London, I am told it is warm in Malta but windy and dirty please tell me otherwise. How big is the Island?
All help appreciated.

Hi ,

Please check out the thread 'Living costs in Malta' on this blog.

If you leave the UK permanantly you are not covered by the NHS anymore.The EHIC that is issued by the NHS only covers you if you remain a resident of the UK.There are exceptions so please check these if they apply in your situation.
There is a Muslim communtity on Malta and a central mosque in Paola with other smaller ones around the island.
Yes, the island is small, windy and dusty .....but loveable!
And be aware of the cost of buying a home on Malta - especially if you are paying in GBP's.

Regards

Ricky

Hi Ricky,
Thanks for the reply, have the prices gone down and are they going to go down? I can pay in Euro, I will keep UK as permanent and come to Malta for a few mons lock up and travel. What is the weather like do I have to wear 3 layers during winter or can one go out in T shirts?
I am looking at Spain, South of France, and South Africa.
I need an area where it is quite.
I am planning to come over 10th April to look around do you think it is a good idea and can I get good hotels and how much?

Well,

the property prices havn't really gone done on Malta yet!So its a bet what is going to happen in the future!At least you can pay in Euro's!So no one is buying at the moment !

At the moment is it turning warmer here ! T-shirt weather for the next days.I took a sun bath on the roof today .
It is quiet in Malta , except for the traffic on certain streets.10 th April is after Easter so you should be able to get good offers from hotels. Price depends on what you are looking for in stars and where you want to stay.
Regards
Ricky

Thanks will keep in touch, what are winters like

[moderated: no free ads]