Bahrain Aquarium Club 2013 (Continued)

Hello everyone

My name's Michael, I'm Canadian and I've been living in Bahrain for about 1 year with my wife and will be here for years. I am crazy about freshwater aquariums and love keeping fish, plants, etc. as close as possible as they would be in their natural habitats.

I've noticed that there is no Aquarium Society or club here in Bahrain and would like to start one.  Got any fishkeepers out there?  Where are you hiding?  The idea would be to meet every month to share experiences, trade or auction fish, invite guest speakers who have travelled or collected fish in the wild, do workshops on setting up aquariums or breeding fish, publish a newsletter, have a website and forum, etc. 

Periodically we would have events like auctions, BBQs (LOL but not seafood!!!), workshops, contests for aquascaping or best of breed, lectures from invited guests, and possibly even trips.

Of course it would be open to anyone who keeps or wants to keep aquariums, expats or locals.

Get in touch if you are interested and let's make this happen!

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

It will be nice to meet hobbyists here in Bahrain. You may count me in.

As an option/offer we may meet at Veranda Cafe Adliya. This coffee shop has 3 separate places for sisha smokers, non sisha smokers and non smokers.

Any day after 7pm is ok for me.

Regards,

Ihsan