Best Schools in Accra

#3 12 March 2010 20:44:09

Ebony08
Ebony08
Accra

Re: Best Schools in Accra

Would also like some info about schools.
Why these five? I have not heard much about British International School, what makes it a good school?

#4 17 March 2010 09:10:29

MargaritaB
MargaritaB
Accra

I think that Ghana Int'l & Lincoln are the best two by far.

Then there is Roman Ridge School, Galaxy and SOS, which are also supposed to be good.

One of my concerns when choosing a school was that I absolutely did not want anything to do with religion...for personal reasons and British, American Int'l Schools and Roman Ridge all had some kind of daily morning devotions.

#5 20 March 2010 18:46:11

Ebony08
Ebony08
Accra

We are handing in applications to Galaxy. We spoke to a man here in Sweden who´s son went to their Sec school. He said that they are making an extra effort since they are quite new on the market. When he got back to Sweden he was far ahead of his class mates.

I was in contact with the American Intl School. We were willing to negotiate their religious connection since it seemed to be quite moderate. One day we drove by and saw some VERY religious wall paintings and we decided to go for Galaxy which is a secular school.

I think it is important that the school has a certified international programme so that the standard can be guaranteed and that the students can be admitted to universities outside Ghana.

#6 17 August 2011 21:26:22

passenger
passenger
Amsterdam

Also, Tema Int is a very good school.  Roman Ridge is not so good anymore and between this and Ghana Int, I would go for Ghana Int. More established, focused and prestigious. Good luck.

#7 25 August 2011 07:23:23

balmavilla
balmavilla
London

All the usual schools mentioned are good academically although I have a problem with discipline at Ghana Int. My kids went to East Airport Int when I was in Ghana a few years ago and I found them quite good.

#8 28 October 2012 17:17:51

SeiwaaOA
SeiwaaOA
Accra

Hello, im a student at Ghana int school, and its a really good school it is internationally recognized, and the Education is very good. If you dont want your child to come there i will suggest either Lincoln Community School or Ecole Francais (french speaking school) Merci J'espère j'aidé

#9 29 October 2012 10:50:08

mariama26
mariama26
abidjan

212100 wrote:

I am relocating to Ghana and will really like to know: What are the best schools in Ghana.  Top 5 will do.

it depends of which kind of study you want to do  let me know

#10 31 December 2012 20:55:35

srinirajan

mariama26 wrote:

212100 wrote:

I am relocating to Ghana and will really like to know: What are the best schools in Ghana.  Top 5 will do.

it depends of which kind of study you want to do  let me know

In Galaxy International School your child will pick up a very localised English Accent which is far n not legible to the European way of speaking English

#15 25 September 2013 22:43:46

Orfay
Orfay
Lagos

Hello, I have got 2 kids, actually at LPS in Lagos (english curriculum) for 8 years. We may be relocated to Accra next year. Please advice which school may match our expectations. Regards. Thank you.

#16 26 September 2013 08:28:08

hkann
hkann
Accra

It doesn't just depend on your expectations, but also on your budget and your location. If you look on accraexpat.com you will see a comprehensive list of the schools and their location.

#18 26 September 2013 09:29:17

hkann
hkann
Accra

Then if you want an English curriculum you will need to look at Ghana International School or there is the British International School in East Legon. Both are accessible from Airport Residential.

#19 26 September 2013 22:42:37

Orfay
Orfay
Lagos

What do you think about GIS et BIS ? Coming from the english course, will it be tough for them to join the American system ? We are French. Thanks.

#20 26 September 2013 23:35:59

hkann
hkann
Accra

If you want a French school there is one in East Legon which is accessible from Airport Residential. I have no personal experience of either of the schools so hopefully someone who has children there might give you their opinions.

#22 14 October 2013 10:52:08

KarachiMan
KarachiMan
Accra

the top 3 are certainly Lincon -LCS, Roman Ridge and GIS (Ghana Intl). there are other schools also - like DPS (Delhi Public), but the men in that school working are often so frustrated, (maybe because of low pay), that they very often keep dishing out expletives to take out their frustration !

Expatriate health insurance Accra
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Accra.
>> Click here
Expat banking Accra
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Accra
A few tips from professionals about moving to Accra.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Accra
Don't worry and travel happy across Accra.
>> Click here