Ghana International School

I am wondering if anyone has any information about GIS. We are considering moving to Accra and have heard a bit about this school. We have 3 children, 2 would be attending the school in primary and nursery.

GIS is considered one of the leading international school and offers a British curriculum. It doesn't have a nursery section so you will have to consider another school for that. If you look on the information section of accraexpat.com you will find a comprehensive guide to all the international schools and there location.

According to the GIS website they do have a nursery school in their primary section beginning at age 3, which is what we will need. We are hoping to find a daycare or live-out nanny to care for our baby who will be 1 when we move. Thank you for the link. I appreciate the help.

They have a very long waiting list - put our kids name on in august and they couldn't accommodate them for January.... so I would recommend putting their names on ASAP

Go for it. The primary section is well managed and very focused

I've heard great things about the school!

How much is GIS p.m for a 3+ child. I should be relocating to Accra soon.

You will need to contact the school but you will find more information on accraexpat.com

May need to update accraexpat.com....... Britain no longer has a national curriculum.  :o

I would suggest that you visit, both formally and informally, such as on an ceremonial/presentation afternoon. They are very open and can give you lots of information. You will also get a feel of the school, which you cannot get from looking on their or anybody else's website.  Good luck.

Very good advice but the people who enquire are usually not in the country and are doing some research before they arrive so it would be difficult for them ti actually go to the school