CANCELLED TRIP TO CUENCA

for now we are not going husband prefers Florida so that is where we are headed in August. Thank you expats in Cuenca for helping even though we are not going maybe I will visit myself next year. BUENA SUERTE PARA TODOS!!!!!!

Have a good time in Florida.

Hello, my name is Tim OB and I saw your reply to the expat Cuenca folks. We are exiting the states after the 1st and maybe we have something you might like to look into?
Our home in Florida which I may rent but for obvious reason would prefer selling.
I am the builder of the home. We moved in in late August 2006 upon completion. It is 3/2 with block construction. Built on a ski lake which has dropped 10 feet but is now rising again in Deltona. Footage in the 1775 range plus 2 car garage and 2 screen rooms. Front screened porch is small and entry for 2-4 people. Good for answering in the rain.
Back Lanai is 250-300 feet on the lakeside. Kitchen is small with eat in for 2. It has an adjacent 10 x 12 formal dining area just off the formal living area. There is a family room opposite these areas off the entry foyer of 13 x 17 feet or so.Master is en- suite with a walk in closet. Bedroom area is 13 x 17. The 2 other beds are identical 11-12's with double closets. the house is all gas and uses propane through a buried 250 gallon tank. Gas heat, drier, hot water are highly prized here as all homes are typically electrically heated and cooled and are very costly to run ($250-500 monthly). Our year round heat & cooling averages about $100 dollars monthly and that is verifiable from our utility bills.
Cabinets in kitchen, baths and laundry room are all hard wood mahogany type stain and are 42" due to 10 foot ceilings. A/C is a high seer 13.5 unit (Rheem). Outside electrical panel is pre-wired for a direct plug in generator for electric should the storms take out the electric. Coupled with the gas and you're above concerns for any loss of electrical power.House also has a central surge suppressor on it's meter to avoid lightening issues internally. The roofing is a 40 year architectural shingle. The lake frontage is about 150 feet. Annual real estate taxes are $1600. dollars and include sewer and garbage fees. The house itself is like all others and has a septic system which I researched thoroughly and installed a very high end PVC designed system.
The outside has a 8 station sprinkler system. The family room, hallway and family room have laminate flooring, the wet rooms including the laundry room are all tiled. Everything else is carpeted.
That's about it, if you have interest, we're asking for $145,000. which is roughly $80,000. under my build costs! The market is just now turning and will regain it's value within 2-3 years but as I said, we're headed down so, anyone buying in now after all the low end stuff  has sold off to investors will benefit from the turn around. No, I don't sell real estate, I build em and because I am not patient or tolerant of most folks buying homes I give that tedious task to the sales people.
Mobile # is 407-340-4192

Either way, good luck. A picure can be sent if you wish one.

Tim OBrien

thank you for that information at this time we are renting and we are happy with our decision thank you anyways

thank you well we were able to get an apt in front of the ocean so I am happy with that...good luck to you I hope you find happiness and peace in your heart.

for BOBH

I wish you all the best as well:)
Hans

Welcome to Florida! Despite its challenges, I love the USA! There were times I wanted to run away, though -- even recently. But, I enjoy my winters in Florida and summers in Vermont too much. However, I still might visit Ecuador some day.