Processing time for visa

Hi
I have an offer from a Norwegian company. I applied for work permit more than 4 months ago, but I have not received work permit yet.
Would you please share your experience for getting work permit and the processing time? Is it normal time?
thank you.

Hello Hamid,

Applying for work permit depends on country from which you are applying .

I had applied from UK as I am resident here and the entire process took less than three weeks to approve and biometrics.

I would appreciate if you could call up Embassy/immigration consultant in the country of application as processing wouldnt take more than 3 months.

Good luck!

Hello Hamid

Even my visa is applied 4 months back and i am still waiting.

when I contacted Norwegian consulate in India they said work permit would take 2 to 6 months.

Hi Hamid

So did you get your visa?

hey,
I have applied for student resident permit for Norway via danish embassy, Kathmandu on 28th may 2013. my classes already started but still not getting any answer from UDI? Do you have any idea what might causes the Delay? All my friend who have applied along with me already got the visa but i am still waiting for visa.

Any idea on the current processing time for work permit?  UDI is extremely slow and also there is no proper procedure to know the exact status.  I'm yet to receive an response from UDI for my WP application applied three months before. 

Another more worrying factor is, every month 13K NOK is gone wasted as rental for the past four months :(.  If UDI is not sure on the time required for processing, then they should not ask to submit rental agreement before hadn :(

hi,
UDI is too slow...because of their negligence we are wasting our valuable time and money...I dont understand what makes them too slow to process..really fed up with UDI..

Hi Hamid,

what happened to your visa? did you get it?
I submitted my visa documents end of August, and my contract begin is 1st November. I am worried that my visa wont be ready on time :(
what happened to your visa? Is the company you got the job offer a big company?

can anybody advise what I can do? :(

Now four months over...yet to get response for my WP :(

It really depends, I got mine for 6 weeks.

two of my friends got it for a week only. Some got it after 2 and 3 weeks.

But, I got one friend who got it after 7 months.

[Moderated: avoid copy/paste post pls]

Hi, I applied for Student Visa in Norway. I don't know how long is their processing time. Is there any news about those who already have their visas?

It took almost 6 months for me to get the work permit!

my friends who were interviewed may 2013 haven't gotten their visas
yet.. they say now it's 6-8months..

I submitted everything at 12th Sept 2013. Still waiting until now... (5 months have passed)

anyone who is having trouble with their application may contact the UDI thru email which can be found from there website.

I was inside Norway while I applied. I got it in 5 weeks..

Hi again everyone, after 6 months....finally i receive the news that my work permit is granted by UDI. I must discuss with my HR though if everything will be ready and I can still go and work for the company. Hopefully things are moving faster and easier from here :) Good luck for those still processing the work permit!