Fiance Visa Denied - Suggestions on a stronger appeal?

So, we applied December 2013 / early January 2014 for a Fiance Visa. Since we actually applied in 2013, we gave his 2012 tax papers in, but since we moved into 2014, they also looked at how much my fiance earned last year. Thing is, he came to visit me for a few months last year, so it affected his income - Just got word yesterday that our application got denied because of this..

Can anyone suggest anything that might make our appeal a stronger case.. Would really suck to be rejected twice.. :(

Also, does anyone know how long the appeal decision would take..?

sorry for that but i think an immigration lawayer would really help,,

I Also applied last dec 2013 but still no response;(
did they requested to pass an additional papers for the income of your fiancee last 2013 as well?
as we follow up 3 times this year but we are not advice to do soo.

Hi Chimmy,

They said that we didn't need additional papers when we applied, but when my fiance got their snail-mail, they said in order to appeal, he would need the 3 latest payslips, and a lot of the papers we used to apply the first time..

In December 2013, the waiting period was 6 months, but they changed it to 9 months this year. Call them 1st November 2014 to find out about updates. I'd suggest asking to speak to the specific person dealing with your case..

Let me know how it goes! We just got our crappy reply 2 days ago.. so they should contact you soon too.. Good luck!!

Such horrible news about your VISA it can be difficult to say the least.

When I went through family immigration I was also told 9 months but heard back within six weeks so bare in mind it doesnt have to be as long as they quote you.

Since its related to payment could you try him working from Norway for three months with his usual payment and then submitting those payslips? They should average the three most recent ones which from what your saying would usually be higher.

Also attach a signed letter explaining clearly the situation with his work. What they really want to know is that he earns the min required to support you as your sponser so if you can prove that this would be the case you might have a better case.

While I wouldn't advise being difficult, I have heard and experienced that you need to be firm with them over the phone. I know of an American that was deported after having her fiancee visa rejected only for the whole thing to be smoothed over with a phone call from her Norwegian partner saying that the whole thing was unreasonable because of (insert valid reason),

Hei !

Norway is a very difficult country specially they have a new prime minister ,, must higher income need  when you apply visa ,,

where are you now and your fiance ?

what is his work in norway ?

have you been in norway before ?

i have a good  suggestion to you its depend how much strong love is your fiance with you ,,,

phillipines1989 wrote:

Hei !

Norway is a very difficult country specially they have a new prime minister ,, must higher income need  when you apply visa ,,

where are you now and your fiance ?

what is his work in norway ?

have you been in norway before ?

i have a good  suggestion to you its depend how much strong love is your fiance with you ,,,

Hi! We gave in our appeal in October / November 2014, so still waiting on their reply.. Since we got denied that last time because he was visiting me 'too long', I can only see him every 6 months or so now..

I'm still in Cape Town and he's in Norway..

I was in Norway in 2013, but only for 2 months (Holiday Visa)..

Since we were denied on our first attempt last year, the processing time for the Appeal is (or at least we were told) 6 months..

You're not allowed to visit Norway while you have a pending visa. Your fiance can visit you, but be careful, don't do what we did! We weren't thinking about the fact that the longer he stays out of Norway not working, the more money gets 'deducted' from the amount he would have make in order to get you into the country. Basically, if he doesn't make that certain amount for that year (or the year before), you get denied.. So if he'll visit, just let him keep checking the amount he's made..

They'll check his annual income once a year for like 7/8 years after (if) you get accepted too, until you get citizenship..