Setting up a salon in hurghada!!!!

hi im new to the forum,ive been to hurghada 3 times now an its lovely ,i have a small hair salon here in my local town and was sat wondering ...........why not try running a salon in the sun?
what a thought so was wondering if any one on here had any experience of owning a a shop or similar.. a guide of price to rent bills etc.  this is my 1st port of exploring so be gentle with me as its just thoughts for now, english hairdresser 12yrs experience surely their must be a market for me some where haha thanks for reading

Hello English Hair dresser :)

Just a tip: In Egypt both sexes don't go to the same place for a haircut or Hair-Do.

Ladies go to a Hair Salon and Men go to a Barber Shop.We do not have the mixed culture thing in hair cutting, as I know it is quite common in ur country and western countries.

Other than that I think it is a GREAT idea :D:D

Your 12-yr experience is needed indeed, and u would be surprised how many Ladies really like pampering themselves in Egypt and going for regular Hair-dos and Hair cuts at the Hairdresser.

Maybe a Pedi or Mani as well :cool::cool:

About starting in Hurghada,I'll tell u what I think:

it is a pretty dynamic location full of tourists and visitors, but most women there, are at the beach wetting their hair, or focused on the fun and night life not really into doing their hair to get ruined by the humidity and beach.

Maybe residents would like to go. U need to discuss it with other business owners.

Cairo is a great location too, the busy city,  and u will have no trouble getting started i bet!

Good Luck!

There are already salons in Hurghada, you can also check the facebook group: Hurghada residents

hi thanks for replys and taken on board whats been said.need to look into shop rental and prices charged etc

Hello genblythe,

My advise to you is to do your salon inside a hotel , am working in this business for 9 years , so do your self a favor and open it in a hotel if you need more info kindly feel free to contact me back