Hiring a driver

Hey all,

I will be moving to Tripoli beginning of Feb and wanted to know how to hire a driver to get to/from work and around town? If anyone knows how to go about doing so and what the average cost is I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hey Tornoto,
Did you mean private driver? There is no web site to check here but this can be found according to the agreement in terms of timing, location and price. also you can get as woman driver. any way do not worry i can help you to get that when you arrival here in Tripoli
  Regards

Yes, basically I am looking for information on private drivers. I understand there isn't a website available for such information, but I thought maybe others would have information from personal experience/use. Gender is not important as long as they're reliable and trustworthy.
Thank you for your help anyways Yaklef. I am not comfortable driving in Tripoli, so I would rather have a driver available to get around.

it better if your company provide u with private driver as u r female and all are armed take care

.. Women driver !! in Libya , god i feel my self quite illiterate now.

yaklef wrote:

Hey Tornoto,
Did you mean private driver? There is no web site to check here but this can be found according to the agreement in terms of timing, location and price. also you can get as woman driver. any way do not worry i can help you to get that when you arrival here in Tripoli
  Regards

Great, thanks Hilton. I will ask my company (Ernst & Young) if they have one available!

Thanks again!

Toronto wrote:

Great, thanks Hilton. I will ask my company (Ernst & Young) if they have one available!

Thanks again!

I would absolutely agree with Hilton, by experience of living in Libya for the past 9 years, never, ever think about getting a personal local driver by yourself. Always avoid that especially during these post-revolt days. If I were in your shoes I'd first ask the company for the driver and if they can't provide you with one then I would suggest you join the expat community here and there's always someone willing to go around for a drive.

I really don't think there's any such thing as a female driver from the locals.

alright. great thanks so much for the advice!

Hiya,

I believe that company should provide you with this service, at least driver to take you from and to work.

there are also car hire with and without a driver, e.g hertz

Hertz

Hertz is the worldwide market leader in car rental and leasing
with over 700,000 locations in more than 150 countries Hertz manages over 700,000 vehicles around the world Hertz Libya fleet:
Our fleet consists of variety of vehicles from most famous makes as DAIMLER CHRYSLER
(CHRYSLER Dodge and jeep) Mercedes, Mitsubishi and Hyundai

Gargaresh_Abo Nawasb DC

Tripoli

Phone:+218 21 484 3204

Eurocar
TRIPOLI
HAI AL-ANDALUS
ABDL MALK BIN KATON STREET N°40
TRIPOLI
Phone: +218 214780906
Fax: +218 214780869

I hope this is of a help

wish you a good luck in Libya

best option...or use company's shared transport or shuttle service if available.

Hilton wrote:

it better if your company provide u with private driver as u r female and all are armed take care