Ain Zara, Tripoli. What's it like?

Hi,

I have accepted a job offer to work and live in Ain Zara. I've done a little research on it but can't seem to find much else on google other than the fact it was home to a notorious prison and palace of one of gaddafi's sons.

Does anyone know what life is like in Ain Zara? What kind of a place is it to work and live? How far is it to central Tripoli? And is a there a risk posed to me as a westerner?

All the best,

jamie

Hi i am living in Ain Zara it`s not so far from Tripoli but it was a place f big ranch but now ther is many houses and shops but it`s like all libya no so organised but it`s quiet in general
be free to contact me by Pm if youn need any help
wlcome to Libya

Hi jamie,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

Thank you

-------------------------------------------

Hi tabdelmoula,

If you have some useful informations regarding @jamied questions please don't hesitate to share them here. It might be help the other members too :)

Thank you for your contribution :D

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi jamie,
welcome you to Libya.Ain Zara area is not far form center of  Tripoli it's about 10km,it's one of new Tripoli areas like serraje area. there is so many new houses ,villas and shops there. Do n't worry at all, there is no risk there.
I hope this helps and send me message if you still need more details
    Hoping to see you here one day
       Regards
        yaklef

thankyou all for the reassurance.

shukran.

Hi Jamie,
my name is norma,i think you and i may be working in the same place if you are teaching,i am in the same boat as you trying to find info and waiting for visas.
thanks

Ain Zara used to be a farm area but now just like any other rapidly developed area, the infrastructure was not well thought out... especially the main road is too small for the current volume of traffic.  Welcome to rush hour! Especially when the University Abdal Nassar is in session - all of the busses (IVECO) will make you go nuts! Other than that, the area is away from the congestion of Tripoli has plenty of open space and fresh air.  Hope you enjoy your time there.

Hi all

I work in Ain Zara , it is a safe place to live, but getting in and out of Ain Zara is the problem, getting stuck in the crazy traffic jam especially around the vegetable market, other than that nothing to mention, good luck in Libya

Well Ain Zara is fine but if you are too work in Tripoli centre it will be a real headache through the Traffic.

Dear members,

Please note that some off topics post have been removed from this discussion

Thank you

Maximilien

hi
I am living in Tripoli and ain zara it is not far from me , it good place, no problem at all. if you want any help contact me regards

dr naser

Hello,

I'm considering coming to work in Ain Zara. There is a school that is looking for teachers.

I am just concerned about the security situation.

Kind Regards,

Hello CobraCdrPants

Kindly note that this thread is not active since last year. Hope however you get some response.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Cobra,
I apologize. I can not answer your question, other than to say I have been advised by Libyans and expats alike that Libya is not safe right now.
However, you must do what you feel is right, as will I.
May I ask which school is hiring in Ain Zara?
You are welcome to reply here or by private message.
I wish you well.

I'm working at a school in Ain Zara and it is a safe but dull place. Good for me as I'm a safe but dull person but I wouldn't recommend it to a party animal.

Ain Zara is huge and its the suburbs of Tripoli; anywhere between 10 and 40Km is considered Ain Zara.

would you be safe there as a westerner ? not really.
would you be safer downtown ? not really.