Diversity (Ethnicity & Race!)

Dear all

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

Good health & Prosperity for 2013.

Please bear with me as it's my 1st post, this website has been invaluable to my wife and I as we are in the process of assessing potential offers in Qatar, Kuwait and Dubai. (We know Dubai very well)

I just need some VERY CANDID replies to the below questions for Qatar & Kuwait as I have searched this website but can't find any mention of my subject. (Is it NOT just discussed here!!).

I have read so many discomforting & distressing episodes that people of certain ethnic groups are exposed to in particular GCC countries and I would like to have some honest feedbacks / advice.

I am black British (born and raised in the UK) and my wife is Chinese also born and raised in the UK.

We both have good jobs in the UK and live a comfortable life within our means, but we now have potential opportunities for rapid career advancements in the GCC but do not feel the need / desperation to be treated as 3rd class citizens in a foreign country for the privilege.

Q1: Are all the race issues easily searched on the web re; Qatar really that bad?

Q2: Would the colour of our skins make a difference if we relocated to Qatar & Kuwait? (We are both managers in our respective fields)

Q3: How are the kids of mixed race heritage parents treated / viewed in Qatar & Kuwait (International schools)?

Q4: If you can relate to either of our ethnic backgrounds, where do you feel happy / safe and have peace of mind living (Qatar or Kuwait).

Very sincere apologies if I have made anyone uncomfortable with my post but I genuinely feel that there are a lot of people in similar positions also wanting some honest answers to help them plan a potential move

Thank You.

I know what you are coming from but, to the best of my knowledge I haven't heard anything about first world countries citizens get treated bad around here(Black or White or, mixed). But, sure I heard about the opposite about those who came from poor countries. I hope that make sense!!

Hi :)
The Q1&Q2 is not true at all
Q3 All Kids are treated very well in all schools a good example of it My freind's daughter in Qatari School and her Father in Sudaness ( Black African ) and her Mum From Indonesia !
ppl in GCC are very kind and you will get the best hospitality ever