Looking to meet english speakers in reunion

Hi,

I'm a Canadian girl and have moved here with my husband few months ago. We are living in St Leu and I would like to meet other English speakers since i'm not doing a lot here. Please feel free to send me email to arrange meeting.

thanks

Hi Carol

I've just sent you an invite to an expat group I've created on Reunion Island.

Catharine

Hi catharine,

i have just signed up. Thank you for inviting me to this group. i'm excited to see what's coming up here :)

Carol

Hello Carol, Welcome to Reunion! I am from Miami and have been living here for over 3 years now in Etang Sale le Bains not too far from St. Leu. What made you come here all the way from Canada?

Giovanni

Hi & welcome to the island!

I'm Aussie and have lived here for a few years with my Créole husband. I'd be happy to meet up for a drink and chat.

Or we can do a picnic partage with anyone interested?

Sounds good Pitaya. Here's my email: [email protected]

if anyone would like to meet up for a drink and chat, please email me and i will organize something next weekend :)

Belated welcome,

Hope you managed to meet up. We're an Irish-French family living near Saint Pierre.  Not about over Christmas but would love to meet up in the new year We occasionally blog about life here at exchaosordo.blogspot.com.

Regards
S

Hey everyone

I am Australian and my partner is from here. We are visiting his family and have been here a month and got another month to go.
My French is rubbish and at times I would love to meet some English speaking people to hang out with-have a drink or bbq.

Send me a email if your interested in meeting up

[email protected]

Hi

To all, Happy new year. I would be happy to meet up at some point with all of you. I am at the moment in St Denis. Perhaps we could all arrange a group meeting next week some time? When the weather is better...

BW
Jo

Yeah Im up for that!
Perhaps a BBQ?

Does anyone want to meet up next week and have a bbq?
I can do every day but not Wed.

Let me know and we can organise something

[email protected]

Did anything happen with the BBQ earlier this month?  We were away at the time but are back now if people would like to so somthing similar?

Rgds

Stephen

I think the cyclone got in the way of plans!

I'm still keen for a bbq or picnic, & can suggest nice places in the west.

BBQ sounds good. Shani where's good to go for bbq, may be I'll organize if anyone suggest place.

Hey Guy's

Any firm plans for the BBQ yet? I am up for that. It would be great to meet you all :)

Jo

l'Etang St Paul is nice - there's a picnic area with bbq pits near the lake, and you can see/hear the beach, too.

Or, what about meeting at the beach? L'hermitage is good as long as we avoid the crowds. Or Trou d'eau in La Saline? Of course, if we do the beach it would be a picnic, not bbq...

Great, i think beach picnic can be easier for everybody. Just each bring some food and drinks and we can meet. I'm up for Trou d'eau in La Saline. We can do Sunday on first week or second week of Feb.

Anyone who's interested please email me at [email protected] for the date (either Feb 3 or Feb 10) and i will send out a mass invitation so we can have the head counts for who's in.

Great 3rd Feb works for me. Sounds great.

Feb 3rd is fine with us too, would love to meet up and say hi.

S

Apparently a cyclone may pass through this weekend around 500km away from the island, so we may get some rain on Feb 3. I guess we have to push to Sun Feb 10.

Is everyone good with Feb 10 and Trou d'eau La Saline? Let me know x

p.s. Stephen, should i add you on the mailing list for the head count or i can just confirm with you here :)

Current trajectory forecasts are showing the storm to be passing by Réunion on Feb 1st (see http://www.meteo.fr/temps/domtom/La_Reu … ctoire.png), but it's only a forecast, so yes it might be wise to postpone until Feb 10th.

The 10th should work for us too.

Carol,

Assume I and my clan will be there, but add me to the list just to keep me in the loop.

Rgds

S

I'll be there on the 10th (with my toddler), whichever Sunday it ends up being.

If anyone needs a lift from La Possession, St Paul, etc let me know.

Hi,

10th is also good for me. Best to avoid the cyclone I think. :-)

Cool. So picnic tomorrow noon. Catharine said she'll bring a big scottish flag, so look for it :) See you guys tomorrow x

I'll try not to arrive last then (with the flag) ;-)

I'll be arriving early (and possibly leaving early-ish if the toddler gets grumpy). Looking forward to meeting you all x

We'll be there between 11 and 12 also, see you all tomorrow.

Stephen

Great to see everyone today and finally put a face to some names!

Look forward to doing it again at some point.

Catharine

Hello everybody! Just found this forum. I moved to St Denis from Cape Town about a month ago. Looking to meet some people. It seems I just missed the BBQ meet and greet. Anything else happening any time soon?

Welcome to Reunion Mark!  We had a great meet up last month, not sure when the next one will though, soon hopefully.  Anyone else up to meet in the near future?

We're living near Saint Pierre if you are ever down this neck of the woods get in touch.

Stephen

Hey Mark,

Welcome I am also living inSt Denis. So I am happy to meet up for a coffee let me know when you are free. My email is [email protected].

Hey Stephen hope your little one had a lovely birthday party. I never made it to St Pierre that week end so thats why I didn't contact you to say hello.

I think we should organise another get together yes, perhaps the last weekend of March? Sat 30th or Sun 31st???

Lets throw some dates around and see what happens.

Best wishes
Jo

The last weekend of March is Easter this year, and it's also a long weekend.

It might be better to get together the following weekend.

Catharine

Yes, I'm thinking something the end of March... may be for full moon! Will let everyone knows as soon as the plan is set.

Hey Stephen, could I get your number or the next time I'm down in St Pierre, maybe for a meet up or to get directions for that bookstore?

You're Irish right? Have fun on Saturday! I'm trying to find an Irish pub in St Denis for the festivities.

Talking about festivities St Patrick's, I'm not Irish but I remember a few years ago going to the St Hubert in St Denis who had widely advertised a St Patrick's evening. But when we got there there was no special food or drinks, there was some French football match on on their screen, and they put Irish music on for about an hour, before going back to their normal choice of music. Needless to say we were not impressed!

This year I suggest you check things out at the KTdral: ganainm.com/fr/index.php?page=concert&PHPSESSID=63ace1e77fa2f8154373b5d0b4927fc0 (see also la-reunion.urbeez.com/st-patrick-au-ktdral-st-denis-249871.html)

Yesterday I was at the 3 Brasseurs and I noticed the waiters were wearing kilts, I suppose this is their nod to St Patrick's: les3brasseurs.re/images/Page1.jpg

Hello,

I am not en english native speaker, but i also want to meet people from the english world in order to improve my skills and meet people from elsewhere,
i am lliving in the south, exactly in st pierre

regards

anne

Hi carolp,
I've sent you a message.
Looking forward to meeting you soon.

How about a picnic in St. Pierre for a change?

St Pierre sounds good to me:-)

Closed