Looking for native english speakers living near St Pierre

looking for native english speakers living near St Pierre

Please respond so I can at least discern if this blog is active  not.

I want to develop an ongoing expat social group for native speakers only in the South

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Sounds like a good idea! Would like to get/be involved if I can help at all. I live in Etang-Sale and I work in St Pierre.
Hope you had a good Christmas!
Richard

Hi Sheila,

I live near Saint Pierre (though I am in Europe for January).  I be delighted to get involved too.

I keep an occasional blog about expat life in Reunion at: http://exchaosordo.blogspot.fr

Regards

Stephen

Delighted to hear from you Stephen.

It is a shame you're not on the island at the moment.

I will try to organize an initial meeting next week but look forward to meeting you on subsequent gatherings

best wishes for the New Year

Sheila

Richard,

I'm pleased to hear from you, I suggest maybe meeting up Monday or Tuesday afterwork, if that suits you, in St Pierre.

Inform native speakers you know, as I will, and we could get the ball rolling ..

best regards
Sheila

sheila66 wrote:

looking for native english speakers living near St Pierre

Please respond so I can at least discern if this blog is active  not.

I want to develop an ongoing expat social group for native speakers only in the South

Sheila

hi sheila,
i would be pleased to get involved but i'm not english, i'm not expat!!! my strong point is that i live in st pierre and speak good english. i guess it's not enough to be part of your future project!!!
so wish you good luck and a happy new year!!

christ

Dear Christ ...(is that your name?)

I'm heartened to read your enthusiasm. This is a project I simply adhere to, at the moment, and  is therefore subject to amendment.... I am certainly not rejecting any positive feedback from your part at this stage... To be more precise:-
I was wanting to avoid french people , even those with so called good levels, simply coming to (practice) their English or talk about their holidays. The idea is to exchange social experience, relax, socialize, and build a strong and reliable club , it appears to be arising in cities around the world.

It cannot be completely closed anyway as partners of expats are obviously also included. A certain line would have to be drawn on the level, experience living abroad, or other and  I don't want to sound racist of course.

There would be many like you as you say, not English ( I meant native English speaker ... when I worded English hence including hundreds from a long list ...Australian, New Zealand. ......Northern Europe, Africa... ) who would  be welcome. Reading between the lines I see  you are interested in expats, have a good level of English and take initiative so probably quite communicative....

Anyway with three responses already this blog site is proving to be a  promising gateway.

Interested to hear your ideas

Sheila

sheila66 wrote:

Dear Christ ...(is that your name?)

I'm heartened to read your enthusiasm. This is a project I simply adhere to, at the moment, and  is therefore subject to amendment.... I am certainly not rejecting any positive feedback from your part at this stage... To be more precise:-
I was wanting to avoid french people , even those with so called good levels, simply coming to (practice) their English or talk about their holidays. The idea is to exchange social experience, relax, socialize, and build a strong and reliable club , it appears to be arising in cities around the world.

It cannot be completely closed anyway as partners of expats are obviously also included. A certain line would have to be drawn on the level, experience living abroad, or other and  I don't want to sound racist of course.

There would be many like you as you say, not English ( I meant native English speaker ... when I worded English hence including hundreds from a long list ...Australian, New Zealand. ......Northern Europe, Africa... ) who would  be welcome. Reading between the lines I see  you are interested in expats, have a good level of English and take initiative so probably quite communicative....

Anyway with three responses already this blog site is proving to be a  promising gateway.

Interested to hear your ideas

Sheila

hey sheyla,
Thanks for replying. i don't want to interfere in your project!!
i was just thinking that maybe some of you would like to improve their french and vice versa. Some of you, English speakers, may want to meet up with Reunionese. i mean what's the point of coming here and socialize only with English speakers? But i do understand your point of view saying that we French people only want to practice the language; i insist on saying that it can be a way for everyone to exchange opinions....
Of course i won't hold you a gruge if you decide not to accept non English people. I'm not here to judge anyone.
just want to share!!

Whatever you decide it's ok for me!!

Christelle

Hi Christelle,

Interesting idea  ....  could be incorporated, the point is not to mix languages within the conversation thus french conversational practice for expats should be held on different occasions. However the network could be combined

Yours,  is in fact a great idea for those new to the island and wanting to perfect their french. I would have jumped at the occasion when I first came to France and couldn't utter a word. I  have been in France since 1993 ...

For the moment I am gathering interest and should soon suggest a date to meet up

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Sheila

sheila66 wrote:

Hi Christelle,

Interesting idea  ....  could be incorporated, the point is not to mix languages within the conversation thus french conversational practice for expats should be held on different occasions. However the network could be combined

Yours,  is in fact a great idea for those new to the island and wanting to perfect their french. I would have jumped at the occasion when I first came to France and couldn't utter a word. I  have been in France since 1993 ...

For the moment I am gathering interest and should soon suggest a date to meet up

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Sheila

see U then! :cheers:

Hi Sheila,
I usually get an email saying if someone has replied to a thread but I didn't, so sorry for not replying sooner! I currently teach English to children, adults and at a training school,  so I'm on holiday, although I have some workshops coming up soon. It would be nice to meet up one evening/afternoon,  let me know when you've decided a time and place.
Richard

hey,

Would it be possible to meet up this week!!or the next one!!

christelle

Hi Christelle,

Yes great idea ... I'm ready

let's say this  (9/01) Friday night, St Pierre, as of 19H00, and another date next week , say Wednesday 14/01

subject to modification.

I don't know where so will suggest the trois brasseurs.

Looking forward to your answer
Sheila

I am sending this invitation to all English speaking expatriates in the South (St Pierre ) to meet up at the Trois Brasseurs, after 19H00 this Friday 09/01 and/ or 14/01 Wednesday. Confirmation and discussion on the forum.

For all newcomers to the Island to maybe practice French and others who have been here for years.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Sheila

hi sheila,
oh good idea! on friday 9th i'm available!  :D
it sounds good to meet up at les trois brasseurs!!But is it ok for everyone?
I may come with an english girl, 21. the thing is that i'm not sure that she can afford a meal at the restaurant.what about the beach?

oh i'm sorry sheila i'm too pushy! :dumbom:

christelle

I can meet for a drink at L3B on Friday.  My wife works there so I can see her too! Should we book a table as I know that they can usually be busy on a Friday evening?

Great idea book a table, glad to hear you can come ...

Christelle, no you're not pushy at all, on the contrary your frankness is constructive, Nobody needs to feel obliged to eat at the restaurant, we can meet first and be flexible.

The idea is to meet up ...

LETS CONFIRM THE TROIS BRASSEURS and certainly bring your friend

kind regards
Sheila

Hello sheila. I live in trois bassins. Maybe we could meet up sumetime.  Have a nice day. Anton

hello antonB
welcome to Expat.com!

How long have you been living here? is the invitation only  for sheila?

christ

Hi Sheila
My name is Javed and I live in Saint Pierre.

I have been in Reunion for about 3 years I am from London .

Hello christ. No my invitation is not only for Sheila. I just replied to a message. I am on reunion since 1996. If you have time I will be glad to meet up.

Regards. Anton

Yes,,,, would tomorrow, at 19H00, TROIS BRASSEURS, suit you?

reply and I can confirm with the others

best regrads
Sheila

Hi Christelle,

Could we still meet up for tomorrow at 19H00 as before.

Trois Brasseurs.

I hope it isn't too short notice and I hope you are free

See if John is free also

I will check with others

Hope to see you

best wishes
Sheila

Hi,

Pleased to read your post this morning

If your free tomorrow at 19H00 Trois Brasseurs it will be a pleasure to meet you,

Will keep you posted

Bst regards
Sheila

Hi Sheila and everybody else. For me t is ok to meet at the trois brasseurs this coming wednesday at 19h00 just so that you all know, it is happy hour between 17h00 and 19h00 on all their kueche's. So i may be there earlier.

Regards

Anton

Hi,

I'm Amanda. I live in les Avirons. I am Australian. I would love to meet up in the south. Is it this Wednesday the 14th?

best,
Amanda.

hi all;
@sheila I wouldn't want to miss the meet up for anything in the world!!
i tried to get in touch with john .. unfortunately he wasn't there!!
@antonB it would be a pleasure to have tea in trois bassins one day!  :D
@Amanda i guess you're welcome though you don't live in st pierre!! :/
and yes it's this wednesday the 14th!!

christ

hello javed

and welcome to Expat.com !

@anton if you arrive early tomorrow i suggest that you have your large glass of beer outside. We may be 4 or 5 i think and it will be more enjoyable !! i may come earlier as well!

best regards,

christelle

Thank you for replying

By all means go early, in fact 18H00 could be more convenient for others likewise.

I'll post it to confirm,

I may arrive a little after 18H00

see you there

Sheila

Hi Amanda,

Yes it's on for Wednesday, however I have opted for 18H00 instead of  19H00

at the Trois Brasseurs

I will post it as a new entry

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sheila

That sounds good.  I will have my designated driver next to me........

Hi Stephen,

We will be meeting up on Thursday , 05/02, at the Trois Brasseurs,   if you're free, hope you can come

for details check  the forum.

Best wishes
Sheila

Hi Amanda

Another meet up at the Trois Brasseurs is scheduled for Thursday, if you're free and feel like meeting other English speaking expatriates.

For details check the latest entry on the forum

Hoping you are free and looking forward to chatting to a fellow Australian ...

Best wishes
Sheila

Hello,
Good idea. I am interested. I live at La Plaine des Cafres. I am 52, female, single!!

renee2014 wrote:

Hello,
Good idea. I am interested. I live at La Plaine des Cafres. I am 52, female, single!!

i have some good news: another meeting is currently in production!

christ

Hi, I am not a native English speaker, but I lived in south Africa for a few years so I am fluent in English. I am Mauritian and new on the island. I live in le tampon.

mel_motur wrote:

Hi, I am not a native English speaker, but I lived in south Africa for a few years so I am fluent in English. I am Mauritian and new on the island. I live in le tampon.

hi mel-motur

welcome to this forum and to la réunion.

could you tell us about you and your life in réunion ? what makes you pop in this forum?
this is not curiosity .... ok just a little bit but it is only to know each other.... and also to "give a kick" to this forum!!

christ

Hi.
Well we actually moved here for one main reason, our son needs special care we don't have in our country. I came to this forum as I don't know anyone yet in reunion and would love to meet new people, make new friends. My passion is everything that's got to do with animals. I was a dog groomer back in mauritius, and also the general manager of an association  that saves the strays. Voilà ;)

mel_motur wrote:

Hi.
Well we actually moved here for one main reason, our son needs special care we don't have in our country. I came to this forum as I don't know anyone yet in reunion and would love to meet new people, make new friends. My passion is everything that's got to do with animals. I was a dog groomer back in mauritius, and also the general manager of an association  that saves the strays. Voilà ;)

sorry to hear that!!how old is he?
do not hesitate to ask any question !!some of us may know the answers!
renée2014 is living in le tampon ... why not sending her a private message !!
and if you were to come to st pierre , you can pop over to my house!!

all the best,

christ