Gas or electric oven?? Help!!

We've just recently arrived and busy furnishing our place out. I'm looking to buy a stove / oven. Which brands are good? I prefer an electric oven and gas stove.

gas stove

I didn't think you could have a gas stove with an electric oven...? I thought it was either one or the other...?

brand: glem

Gas stove

Hi Fatsff1

I recommend you to visit hyperpanda or extra shop markets
look at them all and compare.
In my opinion and based on the usage Italian Gas stove are very good. for electric avoid nikkai (chinese brand)
Best luck

Fatsff1 wrote:

I'm looking to buy a stove / oven. Which brands are good? I prefer an electric oven and gas stove.

Don't buy a gas stove if you can choose.
Liquid gas here when it burns it leaves very treacly sulphur grime on the stove and everywhere around in the kitchen and on ware which is very difficult to clean.
Pressured gas used in Europe (I think it all is from Russia) is much cleaner with less problems, don't know about Canadian gas.

If you want safety and hassle free stuff go for electric ones, now there is new model (unlike old hot plate). what i heard from my wife, it takes you sometime to adjust to electric ones in initial days.. coz when they get hot they are really hot and can burn your food easily unlike gas which provides constant flame.

hi , don,t think twice if you planing to stay here 2 years or more
i suggest as a chef get the electric type it,s safe and less cleaning required
GE cookers are the best even used once
don,t buy chinese product
good luck

Yea, I second that. Don't buy Chinese ones

Thanks for the input guys!!