The Canadian is here

Hey everyone, My name is Mike, I just moved to Japan. Ok well not just but about a month ago. I don't speak Japanese and all the books I use don't seem to help me.

I've always dreamed of coming to Japan. And now that I'm here its everything I wanted it to be and more. I finally feel some sort of peace here that I couldn't seem to get in North America.

Not sure how long I plan to be here but for now things are looking good. I'm interested in meeting people from all over the world to explore Japan with or just to hang out. Things can be a little quiet at times.

I'm living in Kyoto but I'm not sure if I'll stay here permanently.

Drop me a line if you have some ideas on learning Japanese, thoughts about Japan, its history or costumes or if you want to meet up and chat.

Cheers

Welcome on Expat-blog Mike!

Thread moved on the Kyoto forum. I wish you good luck.

All the best
Christine

Hi there,

Happy NY first of all ;)

Soon I'll be traveling to Kyoto and I would like to experience what night life is like over there, as I speak no Japanese I guess it would be easier if I met someone over there, rather than going out alone.

Please let me know if you'd like to meet for a beer and I'd be willing to take with me anything that you might want from Europe

See you!

Hey there!
I'm Zahra and I'll be moving to Kyoto very soon, too! So looking forward to it!!!
I don't speak Japanese at all. Luckily, people will be speaking English in my workplace... what I'm more worried about is the outside world!
That would be great to know some people to hang out with, and who share the same fascination for Japan and willing to make the most of this life-changing experience too, just as much as I am...
Mike and Valencia, please drop me a line if you want to go out for a drink sometime soon!

Take care!
Zahra

Hi all, welcome to the Kansai area!!

My name is Alyse and I'm relatively new to the area too, and just looking for like-minded individuals to hang out with=] I actually live in Osaka, but Kyoto and Osaka aren't so far apart.

I do speak Japanese (just a little ;]) so I'd be happy to offer help if you need any. (I do know reading the labels of food while grocery shopping can be tricky~ lol)

Cheers!♪

Hi Guys

My name is Amrita and I have recently moved to Kyoto and am also looking for some people to hang out with.

Zahra, Alyse and Mikey, if you guys are still interested, why dont we arrange a time/place in Kyoto to meet up for a coffee?

Amrita

Hello

So how are you guys!

Did you meet or arrange a meeting in Kyoto?

I think probably I'll come to Kyoto for a visit this summer

Anmyone could explaion waht to see, ? where to go ? cheapest and confortable hotel?
best area lace?
etc,,,,,

Domoarigato