Where can I find clams?

I am Italian and I love it here but there is one thing I miss from the Mediterranean: shellfish. I am a master chef in Italian seafood and am desperately looking for fresh alive clams, whether in a shop, fish market or in the sea.

Has anyone seen any? if so, you're invited for dinner!

Silvano

Hi Silvano,

I know of one store in Port Louis where they sell all types of fresh local seafood. I have already tried their live crawfish, zourite, lobsters and they were all absolutely delicious. On Friday I bought some shrimps and saw some oysters. Too bad I don't know how to open the latter. They also have imported seafood and other things like home-made fish balls. It is called Sea Karn. There are also many stores in the North but not sure how much of it is imported.

Thanx, I'll go check it out and will invite you for an Italian style fish meal. Including oysters of course, and a crash course on how to open them.

Silvano :)

Hi Silvano,

It was a pleasure to meet you last week. I hope you are well settled in. I am too looking for fresh Crabs ,  I dont know where to get it.

Looking forward in meeting you again and jammin up with you someitme.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi Terence,

I'll be over at Santosha tonight. Michele has found at least half her voice and with enough persuasion we might even get her to sing a couple of songs. You don't wanna miss that. She has an amazing voice.

cheers
Silvano

Silvan0 wrote:

Thanx, I'll go check it out and will invite you for an Italian style fish meal. Including oysters of course, and a crash course on how to open them.

Silvano :)

Yay! Here is their phone number, 240 9216. Terence, I also found some live crabs there.

Hurra! mission accomplished!

Thanks to Pascal's suggestion last Sunday I got in touch with Vincent Sakhir and got my clams and oysters. Vincent is a fisherman who just plucks clams from the sand in front of his house. You'll have to drive to Poste de Flacq to pick them up but if you're craving for a clam chowder or spaghetti alle vongole, you won't mind the distance.  Send me a message if you want his contact.

Hi Silvano,

Pls PM me the contact number.

Cheers
Terence

Silvan0 wrote:

Hurra! mission accomplished!

Thanks to Pascal's suggestion last Sunday I got in touch with Vincent Sakhir and got my clams and oysters. Vincent is a fisherman who just plucks clams from the sand in front of his house. You'll have to drive to Poste de Flacq to pick them up but if you're craving for a clam chowder or spaghetti alle vongole, you won't mind the distance.  Send me a message if you want his contact.

Spaghetti alle vongole in Mauritius.... never saw that anywhere!
I used to ravish them in Venice

Don't buy oysters on the beach near Pointe Lafayette.
They are rip-offs.