Where can I buy mosquitoe netting?

Hi everyone, our house is set amongst the trees and near a small stream and we are being eaten alive by the mozzies!
We have been looking in all the big shops we could think where we might find netting but to no avail.Does anyone know a company that fits it to windows or a place that sells the  material with a view to do it ourselves? Thank you

Have you tried Game, Espace Maison & M. Bricolage ? We found there material to fit to windows very easily.

Yes we tried all 3 shops without success, maybe they are out of it. How long ago did you get yours? I am still looking!

The salon de la maison is next week. Am sure you will find the answer to your query there.

I did have a card for a company which fixes these plastic nettings; if I find it, I'll PM you the details. Try lexpress.mu website, they have a page which has details like this.

That is really useful Alisa ,thank you for that.Do you know where does the salon takes place?

At the Swami Vivekananda Conference centre at Domaine Des Pailles.

you can get insect killer @ adapro ltd 4336220

On a related note, does anyone know a hardware store that sells metal mesh for making window screens? e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_screen

Can't help you Herblanders but if you come across some, feel free to drop me a PM. Would be much appreciated as I'm looking for this as well.

I have seen it on rolls in several quincailleries but the "wire per inch"-ratio is typically not good enough to stop mosquitoes.

I honestly don't know what the quincaillerie meshes are used for. Fishing perhaps.

I found what I was looking for at Marjan & Co. (96, Royal Street, Port Louis) today, although I cleaned them out with my purchase. If you're coming to the meetup on the 10th, I can bring a swatch for you to see. This stuff is the same fineness of mesh as used in the US, and has already done wonders at keeping the bugs out while letting the air in. :)

Cleaned out? Building a tent or something? :)

Meetup sounds cool but Mont Choisy is on the "wrong" side of PL ... I'll have to think about that one.

Thanks for info, will check out Marjan!

(Moderated: no free ads in the forum pls)

Moustiquaire is available in Mauritius. Contact on 57824452

Good morning,

(moderated : free advertisement is not allowed)

With kind regards,

Kirk

Hi guys,
Theres a meet up on the 10th? Is that for a particular group? Or for all that would like to come. Havent been to one yet as only been here a couple of months.
Thanks

@Ine1 - it seems that you are a little off topic here + this thread is quite old :whistle:

Oops so it is. I blame my pregnancy.

[Moderated: pls send details in private]
With kind regards
Kirk

Ended up purchasing mine in the UK (where there are NO mosquitos) and had it brought over by a friend. Now I sleep happy :)