Hair treatment products availible in HCMC

Hi all,
back on 19th of July, 'bawdseyben' posted about hair loss in HCMC and asked for advice.

On a similar vain, there's another problem I hope someone can give me advice on.

I need a shampoo and conditioner formulated for use on 'dry hair'. ( think dry like straw ! :( )
So far all I've been able to find in the local supermarkets is basically for normal or damaged hair. (maybe the Asian males are lucky enough NOT to have 'dry hair')
Tried the shampoos and conditioners purchased locally, but my hair is too dry - I REALLY need products specifically made for 'dry hair'.
Any ideas / suggestions please ? ( be polite now !:P )

While on that subject, up until now, I've been using a liquid hair 'tonic / oil', that I brought with me from Australia, to try and keep what's left of my hair from drying out too much - ran out of the last of that this morning :( 

Any suggestions which products are available here in HCMC and where I can purchase same ?

Thanks in advance. :)

Uh? There's no hair products for dry hair here??

ipporek wrote:

Uh? There's no hair products for dry hair here??

Well, I'd hoped for a civil answer - not some half baked smart-a***ed remark back.

But since you ask -
#1 I can't read and understand Vietnamese yet for myself - so I have to ask others.
#2 My VN LADY partner has already tried looking around the shops for me when she has had the time to do so.
#3 The hairdressers who have a hair saloon in our apartment blocks, are unable to help either - they haven't had this question asked of them before, or hair that is 'dry' like mine.

Happy now ???

Well, that was pretty harsh. I happen to be new to Vietnam, and seriously had no idea that they have no products for dry hair here. Definitely ain't trying to be a smart-a**. In fact, if you still ain't able to find any products for your hair by the next time I'm back, I could always help you get some from Singapore.

ipporek wrote:

Well, that was pretty harsh. I happen to be new to Vietnam, and seriously had no idea that they have no products for dry hair here. Definitely ain't trying to be a smart-a**. In fact, if you still ain't able to find any products for your hair by the next time I'm back, I could always help you get some from Singapore.

OK - sorry if I misinterpreted the way you meant that.

Not having a good time yesterday with damned broken leg healing but not quickly enough, doesn't help at all. Sometimes the pain level goes up and then my ability to think straight goes down.

English was not my first language growing up - Yiddish (European form of Hebrew) was spoken at home then English at school made for a strange mixture.
Where I spent first 10 years in Auckland, NZ, whole suburbs where made up of mixture of DP's from WW2, older families from days of first English settlements and about 50% where the original NZ Maori !
Funny but in those days, we kids from all the different races and backgrounds never seemed to have any racial problems with each other at all.  The world seems to have fallen into a big, dark hole since then ! :(

TRYING very hard to shake off the old habits - the way we view how a statement is constructed more the the actual words used - must times now I get it right - sometimes, not so correct.

Once again - apologies for taking what you said the wrong way.

Take care in your travels.
Ian W. (aka - Flip)

The Vinh Khan Beauty Salon.  226 DeTham.  Tell Tuyen that Mark sent you for an increase in the price! :D  Seriously, they have a good selection of hair products.

Sorry about last night.  I had my phone turned off.

Teacher Mark wrote:

The Vinh Khan Beauty Salon.  226 DeTham.  Tell Tuyen that Mark sent you for an increase in the price! :D  Seriously, they have a good selection of hair products.

Sorry about last night.  I had my phone turned off.

Thanks for the tip Mark. :) I'll try to get there soon.
Do you know if they speak / understand English in this shop ? ;)

Wanted to get out for the English Club meeting today, BUT - - -
After 2 months of sitting, my bike engine is totally sick as in back firing down the exhaust pipes all the time.

Two days in the shop so far trying to get it fixed and it still starts back firing again after 1/2 kilometer on the road.
Going back in tomorrow AGAIN ! :(

Having been on bikes since the days of the BSA A1O & TRIUMPH T110 - (1960's) I'm pretty sure it's gunk in the carbie low speed jet - but I can't seem to make them understand !

Could you please SMS me those addresses of your favorite 'watering hole' again ?
My VN partner, SWEET & BEAUTIFUL is the best ever - BUT she's driving me to drink !  :lol: 
Which she says is OK !  Can't figure women out at all !

Ian W.  (aka Flip465)