I want to live in Texas.

Do you think Texas is the best state to live at?

Texans LOVE Texas. A VERY republican state. Houses are B I G. and inexpensive relative to the East and West Coasts (Boston, New York and California...

Now here is the part that might get me in big trouble:
From what I know about Texas - Troupe Texas and Houston  their are Lots of problems and tension- not found of immigrants. Not a lot of jobs, economy is hurting, BIG Bible belt state. Home to some wonderful preachers. Keith Copeland, Joel Olsteen...HUMIDITY. Hot summers...hurricanes..
read online news paper. Rick Perry facebook page..good places to start.

Good luck

Austin is wonderful...

Ohhh thank you for the info.

texas is a good place to live. I have lived there for 8 yrs and i had alot of fun there.

Oohhh. It must have been nice. Good for you. Where you in Dallas?

If you love PRISONS, Texas is The State. I have to leave personally, but if you like that sort of thing, they have both public and private to choose from.

I want to live there too.. I got a lot of friends lives in Texas :)

great state to live in. employment is good compared to most other states. low cost of living. many attractions and events to attend. lots to do in places like dallas, austin, houston, san antonio. and did i mention best bbq in the country? lol.

@jalbright16
Maganda nga raw sa Texas. Marami din daw pinoy duon. San po ba kau nakatira ngayon?

@texanatheart
Oh I do love bbqs. And I can be a Texan at heart too. :) Good day!

@babyHM - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :D

Thank you,
Aurélie

Austin and Houston are the most diverse cities, where anyone from practically anywhere can find community & comfort food. :)

Texas has fared better than most of the other states, in regards to the economy & employment opportunities. While the cost of living in Austin has gone up due to the popularity of the city, you can still find affordable housing anywhere from Round Rock (north of Austin) to San Marcos (south of Austin, halfway between San Antonio & Austin).

Houston is a much bigger city, so there is more traffic & smog, but being a port city you can find entire neighborhoods of international food, goods, clothes, art, etc. unlike anywhere else in the state.

Austin is one of the greenest cities in the U.S. with hike & bike trails all over town, rivers & a lake nearby. If you love the outdoors, then Austin is ideal.

i have lived in many states and texas is the worst. Boring

I live in Texas...it's VERY boring here.  It is a very conservative, and very Republican state.  Criminal justice system is very extreme...in other words, expect to be stereotyped and racially profiled in this state.   I never recommend living here...people are very closed minded and many people are born here and die here...in other words, they have no clue about the world we live in.  The state also has a very strong separation between upper class and lower class.  If you want a more diverse area, move to a state other than Texas.

to answer your question, i dont think anyone can, without knowing your likes and dislikes otherwise its just talk.i have lived in texas all my life my family has lived here since 1858.i have also traveled to many places so if hot humid unbearably long summers dont bother you, if you want to live in a city with a very diverse people group latino, asian, black ,white.pakistani,indian,there is never been a problem in houston with the races most of us get along well i have friends of all ethnic groups i am white. if you are used to living in a high crime area, and want to work in health care or the oil business houston is the place, otherwise i suggest austin tx much better landscape houston is as flat as a pancake,austin is a growing tech town with a prestigious university and many college students much less crime,i dont want to put down my own state but if i could choose i would choose austin or seattle or denver.check it out before you make a move its important good lck!

Hi robert007,

Thank you for your contribution, but this thread is quite old. I suggest you to create a new topic on the Texas forum for better visibility and interaction, this might surely help. ;)

Thank you,

David.