From Egypt to Midland,TX.

Hi there Everyone,
this is Amr,an Egyptian guy considering a job offer in Midland,I have little to no info. about the Place,the Lifestyle of Midlanders,what to expect there(or not to expect),and what kind of fun/social life (if there's any!)to be had living in Midland.
To me it's like moving to another planet,so I'm calling out to Inhabitants (locals/expats) there to give me some insight!

Regards from the other side of the world ! :)
Amr

Hello Amr.

I invite you to download the pdf guide for you to have more informations about the United States.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks AurelieZ,
I already did that,It's good in summing up things,but not too specific about certain places like Midland.

Regards,
Amr

Well....I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm from Texas, and while I've never lived in Midland, I CAN tell you there is pretty much nothing to do there, and NOTHING nearby. Even Odessa is nothing to brag about. The closest to fun you would get would be Austin or Dallas and that's like an 8 hour drive. Maybe the job offer is incredible, but just be warned: Midland pretty much sucks :( Sorry, and good luck!!!!
-Brandi

are you an engineer? my indian friend moved to midland for an engineering job with schlumberger. he said he hates it..says its boring and theres not much to do...but luckily if u have a few days off u can take a few hours drive to a bigger city like houston or san antonio and theres more bars, clubs & attractions there  :)