Buy paintings in HCMC

Hi all,
can anybody suggest me where i can find paintings (oil paintings on canvas) to put on the walls of living room?
i have heard of Tran Phu st. in dist 5. i will visit this weekend. but i am not looking for vietnamese paintings. i am looking for Neo-classicism or Romanticism paintings.
Do the artists here copy famous paintings? how much do they usually charge for this kind of job?
thanks in advance!

vicci0606 wrote:

Do the artists here copy famous paintings?

Ha ha you're funny asking this question.... What isn't copied in Asia???? YES!! You can find copies of famous pantings. Many places around dist 1. Any art shop you see the paintings are copied if they are not a Vietnamese panting. I am confident you can find what you are looking for quite easily. Take a look around.

-Chris

All sorts of copy painters in the tourist dives of TP HCM.

I gave one gifted copy painter a photograph of my parents and he did such a professional job, and so realistically, that my Mother kept it on her wall to her dying day as she said it was such a good likeness of my Father, who predeceased her.

You should check out Maison Chance.  They're an organization that helps teach disabled people a skill trade which includes painting.  They do all types of painting and they do custom based on request.  I visited their village today and the paintings they have on display are beautiful, plus you'll be helping the charity too.  By the way they also take in orphans and teach poor kids.  I'm actually volunteering to teach the kids English next week. 

Here's their website with phone number and address.
maison-chance.org/en/contact-us/contact-us.html

Sounds like a great cause. Way to go dnguyenvo!

Tran Phu Str is the best choice. orther shop on Nguyen Hue, Le Loi is much more expensive. They can copy any in need

There is another place to go: Nguyen Van Troi Street in District 1.