Expat blog gatherings in Moscow

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Moscow Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Moscow: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Moscow. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi Julie, I totally support your idea and I think that would be great if memebers of the forum can gather together and do something fun. I have several ideas and maybe we can orginize something.Are you in Moscow now?

Guys,i am IN !!

Me too - it would be great to meet up!

hello guys,

that's a great idea. we like sport - roller blade skating and tennis.

shall we do a outdoor meeting?

cheers,
georgy

well,that's great but shall we stop joining on the page still and please someone who know Moscow well offer a place to meet !!!

Good idea!Guys, I can help you as well.So what would you prefer - an outdoor activity or going for a drink somewhem after work on Thursday foe example?There are plenty nice places in moscow to go out.

Hi guys. Let's just go for a walk and discover Moscow. We can meet at the Red Square and go from there. I visited the Cathedral it was great. There are several places to visit on Red Square. Or maybe we can go to Arbatskaya- it is also one of the must see places. So, what do you think? Let's plan for the Weekends on 30 of June-01 July. Let's meet around 14.00. Please, confirm who wants to come and we will decide where and when to meet.

I'd like to come - 1400 is fine with me on either day.

14.00-15.00 will be good for me but can meet only on Sunday.

Hi guys, did you all make it ? how was it ? I too would like to join, i am new to this forum.

I would like to join as well. :)Did you manage to meet last time you planned your meeting?

Sounds like great fun! When is the next expat meeting on ?

It seems like all of the older members who might've gone and done the meet are not checking the forums anymore.  Maybe now it's up to us, the new cats on the block, to get things rolling. 

I'm in to meet up with all of you (or whoever actually shows up).  And Red Square is a great place to start in my opinion.  My only hurdle right now is that I won't be back in Moscow till mid-October.  After that we can meet every day.  I will keep my eye on this thread to see where it goes.

Let's do this.  We should all stick together and help one another out.  Only good can come from this.

dSeldom, completely agree with you) even in coming back to Moscow in october - i'm also not in Moscow now))
i would be happy to meet up and to help you with russian if you need help:)

God this topic is rocking now:D

Hey guys! I'd like to meet up with you, i just arrived in Moscow and i don't know much, so the meeting location is red square, but when?? im free mondays, tuesdays and fridays, no weekend :( see you! Sarah

Nat22 wrote:

God this topic is rocking now:D

And that's cool! :) The only thing that left is to find the convenient time for all of us.

Well what about 6-7pm on Monday?

Hi guys, I'm up for meeting. Free evenings after 7 and weekends.

Michelle x

Free evenings after 7 as well. :) Not sure about this Monday though.

What about next Monday at 7?

I see what's happening here.  You all are trying to make me feel jealous, since I won't be back in Moscow till mid-October.  And you're gonna meet without me.  It's cool.  lol

Seriously though, it's great if we can pull this off, even if I'm not there for the first time you all meet.  I see several people posted days of the week and times - and it looks like Mondays after 7 works for a lot of you.

If you guys don't meet before then, can we tentatively say October 15th at 8:00 pm on Red Square?  As we get responses we can coordinate the exact place better.

I'll be checking on this thread, as I said before.  I really want this to happen.  I want to make friends with all of you and it would be so awesome if this idea became so much more than just words on the screen.

ok let's say the 15th of october at 8pm on the red square,
anyone wants to meet there tomorrow at 7pm? im off :)

Sarah

elvik59 wrote:

ok let's say the 15th of october at 8pm on the red square,
anyone wants to meet there tomorrow at 7pm? im off :)

Sarah

Sure let's say 7pm tomorrow at the entrance of the red square) at the entrance of the metro station which is right in front

Nat22, I think next Monday is ok. :)
And October 15th at 8 pm should be alright. I'll keep checking this topic.

Ok Nat, see you tomorrow at the entrance of the metro at 7pm!

Hi guys, sorry was busy and never checked up here. Did anyone make up for the meeting ? I am here too :-)

well us frenchies made it! had a great time but don't worry I think we are organising another meeting next monday same time, same place if anybody is interested. And there's definitly something happening on the 15th of october :)

That's nice to hear :-) I look forward for new events.

Nice.  So I see that Nat22 and elvik59 met up and (sounds like) had a good time.  We've got our own French coalition going here. 

Now, question of the day is - did you ladies speak Russian while you were walking up and down the Red Square or at the very least English?  My guess is you were speaking French, cause after all, it is a beautiful language.

Did anyone else join the group?  I wish I was back in Moscow already. lol  I'm definitely still in for the 15th of October.  I know Nat22 is definitely in also.  Who else is in, so we can kind of have an idea.  Let's all meet up, guys.

I'm in! :)Can't wait till October 15th! :)

Hey Dseldom!

well, we met up with Nat and we spoke french only because of me, my Russian is very limited as i just arrived :) it was really nice and we gonna meet again tomor, Im also in for the 15th! let's find a bar or cafe where everyone could meet up, do you any nice place? as i've been here for 3 weeks i don't know much here.

See you soon!

Sarah

Gowiththeflow, Sarah, thank you for replying.  So at the very least we have 4 people for the meet up on the 15th.  Not bad of a start in my opinion.

Sarah, I am brand spanking new to Moscow so I know very little about the city, but I think it's part of the fun to walk around a bit and explore.  I am sure we can definitely find a bar or a cafe where we can sit for a bit and get acquainted.

I like Moscow's Starbucks because they have exactly the same vibe as the ones in New York and coffee tastes the same (always a good thing).  I'm excited to chill with all of you guys.  8 days left and counting. yay

Tasel, are you still in, brother? Michelle88, where did you disappear?  life_is_for_sharing, Guzal, what are you up to on the 15th of October at 8pm-ish?  Others?

ok what about the starbucks in Arbat street then?

That sounds cool, Sarah.  Great place, great street and most importantly pretty good coffee. I'm all for it.

Hey everyone!
I'm in too.. I've just signed up and ready to meet up you all.  Free evenings after 7 and we..and Even I would like to be in for next monday meeting.

i would like to join you :)

Hi guys, sorry, yep I'm up for the 15th!
Michelle

Hi guys, can i join with you on 15th?