Expat meetings in Moscow?

Are there sny more or less regular meetings of expats in Moscow? If no, that maybe we could organize something? Meet weekly in some nice cafe, in friendly ambience.

I am not expat, but I prefer to socialize with foreigners - it's strange but for me it's much easier than with russians. Western mindset, no doubt :-)

Great idea! I'm russian and i want to become acquainted with people from different countries.

God, we need some ppl from other countries :-) Or it would be very strange expat club :-D

if this is a thing, I am coming

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Are there no ladies included? If yes , count us in?

Of course :-)
Maybe we should point the date of forum offline meeting? People read this thread, there is already some interest.
What about this Sunday? Who agree?

I don't know such place around here yet?

:D

Hello All,

That's a great idea Nick_Ferdinand! Why not set a place that everybody will find easily, suggest a date and time.

This might be a great starting point.

Regards

Kenjee

You are right. Kenjee.

But what place to choose? Despite the fact I'm local, I rarely go for cafes and other social places.

Those which I know and think they are good are for example Pizza Express (www.pizzaexpress.ru.com/) on Tverskaya str and  Shokolanitsa (http://shoko.ru/) all around Moscow - drinks and food there are more or less international.

Are there any news about our meeting tomorrow?

I don't think tomorrow we'll be able to organize it - even the place is not chosen yet.

What I suggest - on these weekends select a place and date and time for next weekends, so everybody could be able to free this time for expat meeting if he wants.

We ned some quite cafe or something similar. In addition ot Pizza Express and Shokolannitsa I know nice cafe on Myasnitskaya str. between Lubyanka and Chistiye Prudy stations. Anticafes are not good choise - I asked managers of some, and they all say that in weekends it's a big problem to find place there with company, they are overcrouded.

Kamchatka maybe? Cheap and funny place.

You mean that one near Tverskaya? I've been there today for a minute - overcrowded even at noon, there was no free table.

Info us when you get the right venue please. Our free time is every sunday. Though we have to attend catholic mass at noon time.we will try our best to met up.thanks..
ciao.

Okay, I'll do. When does the mass finish?

I suggest this Sunday at 2 pm in Shokoladnitsa cafe on Strastnoy boulevard, 6 (metro Tverskaya, Pushkinskaya) - I'm not sure but it must be nice and quiet place (how quiet it ever could be in middle of day in such a big city). See attached map: Map

I'll come there a bit earlier, near 1:50 pm. Just in case (e.g. can't find cafe) my phone +7 916 6672393.

Don't know how many people would come this time but anyway I think it is a good idea to found the tradition of such everyweek meetings.

:one

Thanks nick ! Hope the weather is fine  this sunday. Im inviting my co filipino too!

:top:

so is everybody meeting at the metro or directly at the cafe? i reckon metro would be better)

We'll meet directly in cafe - in metro it's too overcrowded, rather hot and also it wold be impossible to understand if everybody came and we can go to cafe, or some people are late and we'll have to wait them for 10-20 minutes more on the station. So meeting directly in cafe is an optimal choise.
As for me - I can meet somebody in 1:40 pm on Tverskaya station and then go to cafe waiting for others to take a table for all. And in case of some troubles I left my phone number few posts upper :-)

Guys, sorry, but I can't come today - looks like I have food poisoning, so I wouldn't be able to get off home, that's terrible. I am really sorry :-(