The Czech Republic And Trinidad and Tobago

For those who from the Czech Republic wish to know more about Trinidad and Tobago let's first start with some basics about the country.  First and foremost living in Trinidad and Tobago is a matter of perspective.  Some have differing opinions however we welcome all to our shores once you are interested to come to our country.

Geography and Area: 5,128 square kilometres (1,980 sq mi) approximately.  It is made up of two islands.  One is named Trinidad and the other is named Tobago

Language:  Mostly English is used here.  Though some speak patois which is known as a French dialect.  Basically you just have to know how to speak English that is all.  Some also can speak Spanish here as well.

Transportation:  To get to and from Trinidad people use either the bus service known as the PTSC bus service (PTSC-public transport service corporation), Maxis which are minibuses or smaller versions of buses that are privately owned, Taxis that are also privately owned.  A taxi is known by the the letter H that is the first letter found in the license plate.

H stands for "Hired" and a Taxi license plate will look like this for example-HAT 1962.  Also maxis have this type of license plate as well.

Airport: The Piarco International Airport located in Piarco. A  Very modern airport that has an area of about 680 hectares (1,700 acres).  You can exchange currency at the airport for the local Trinidadian currency or even used the car rental service that is also located at the airport as well.

Currently the Schengen Visa is indeed needed for Trinidadians to travel to the Czech Republic.  However the process of eliminating this is underway and hopefully before the end of 2012 and "I do cross my fingers about this" this visa requirement will be removed since the application for its removal is right now at the European Union's Commission for removal.

I know that Prague is indeed a beautiful part of the Czech Republic and a place I have always wanted to come.  Plus the elimination of this visa saves us from Trinidad who wish to go to the Czech Republic a lot of time and money.

Foods to Try:

If you come to Trinidad and you want to Try certain foods here there are several Foods that you can try

1  DOUBLES
2  ROTI
3  BAKE & SHARK
4  CURRY DUCK, STEWED CHICKEN
5  GROUND PROVISIONS
6  Trinidad Corn Soup
7  Coconut Water
8  Barbecue
9  Snow Cones

Stewing here involves burning sugar in a pot and then using the burnt sugar to make the meat brown in appearance.  It is both and very delicious here.

Just remember when you buy in Trinidad food on the streets to make sure that street vendors wear badges on to show that they are following the health and sanitary codes that need to be followed here.

Of course those who live here and have the experience here know from whom to buy from on the streets outside of their homes.

Packing And Luggage

If you come to Trinidad you want to pack very lightly.  At times the weather can be hot and so you need to wear light clothes like white Tee shirts, or light colored Tee shirts or shirts in general, pairs of jeans, pairs of sneakers, and pairs of shorts, bikinis for women who want to go on the beach.  Also walk with a pair of shades for the sun.

You can walk with any formal wear if you know that you are in fact going to a formal place whether it be a formal dress or a formal suit.

In case you come in the rainy season it is wise to pack an umbrella just in case.  You can also pack a pair of flip flops or a couple pairs if you have.  We call them slippers here.

Staying in Trinidad means that you get to dress casual when you go out and even when you stay in.  It is meant to keep cool as well as the fact that many live a laid back life at times here and so it is not a problem to go into many restaurants having a casual appearance at times.

It of course will depend on where you are going of course but the fact remains that casual wear is the way to go when coming here.

Your luggage can include several suitcases but I have seen people from the airport walk around with these heavy suitcases which are big and bulky.  Packing lightly and packing all that you need in medium-sized suitcases is the way to go especially when it comes to moving as fast as you can out from the airport.  Plus it can save space in the vehicle that you may be using to get you out of the airport.

I prefer someone coming here using a bag along with a medium-sized suitcase since it is much more wiser thing to do so when arriving here from my own experience of living here.

Also walk with any insect repellant if you have any.  Drink plenty of water also since the weather can get you dehydrated.  Water is affordable and cheap here to obtain since it comes in small bottles.

Sun tan lotion is also good if you want to go to the beach as well.

Relationships

One of the things that we can highlight is that dating relationships can indeed be formed between those in the Czech Republic and those from Trinidad and Tobago.

Of course the choice of someone should be based on character and the way the individual conducts themselves but it should be noted that both countries do have beautiful people with good hearts and good souls.

Czech Republic women are known to be some of the most beautiful women in the world and if any gentleman from Trinidad and Tobago (note the word gentleman) is interested in finding his lady outside of Trinidad and Tobago then the Czech Republic can be considered as a potential option.

This can go for women too in Trinidad and Tobago and women in the Czech Republic who may also seek after a relationship as well.

Just remember as I said to choose someone or select someone based on their conduct and their character especially in regards to them being an honest individual and a decent person who knows how to treat someone very well.:)

Hmm,
Nice interest in Europe and Slavic country specialy. Sadly the free Schengen entrance is not yet approved for you. Maybe on March 11. 2014.
You will see how things will go then.