Working as a healthcare staff in trinidad and tobago

Guys I would like to ask if Trinidad and tobago a safe place to live and work? I am a filipina is there any filipino community in trinidad and tobago? how about the cost of living is it too high? How about the people ?thanks

Hi  tine_31685,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to go through the following link, this might help you to get the information you are looking for. ;)http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t … _1043.html

Regards,

David.

Hi tine_31685

Noticed this blog more than a year late. You probably have your answers by now but if you do not, this info may be of use to you. There are several  filipinas who live and work in Trinidad,most in the medical field. There is also a Filipino orginization serving the community. I visited Trinidad in August of 2013 and the Philippines in July of 2014. I was in the southern Philippines where real life living costs may be quite a bit lower than around greater Manila. I was impressed by how much cheaper groceries were compared to Trinidad.If you go you will be in for a cost of living suprise. Trini transport is cheap by Caribbean standards and popular travel (by maxi-taxi) is very different than in your homeland.
   My daughter in law (who is filipina), and my son visited Trinidad last year to meet other family members, and she said she liked the country and its people. Crime is a problem but I doubt you will be bothered. I heard all kinds of terrible stuff about Manila, but the few days I spent there were uneventful. I asked a lot of questions about areas to avoid. Be always aware of your surroundings, and if you look different from most of the people around you, don't make yourself a target. That is true anywhere in the world.Hope you go and have a safe and enjoyable stay.