Chiropractor to move to Cuenca? I think!

Hello!  My husband and I are thinking very seriously about moving to Cuenca but have so many questions!  We want to have a small practice and are beginning to explore the logistics of doing so.  Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. So far we like all that we read about Cuenca but are wondering about the weather, if there is too much rain. Would be interested in full participation in an expat community!

Hello,

Good luck with your move, if you decide to make the big jump.
About the weather, it has been raining a lot the last two months, usually we're in the rainy season but this year has been real hard and we soffer some floodings.

But now is almost over and the sun is shinning again, at least some hours.

Usually, you can have all kind of weather  in a day, foggy in the morning, then sunny and warm and  at the evening we have rain.

Good luck and if you have more questions just post !!!

Vinny

Thanks Vinny,
My husband and I are differing on the location of where we move to!  We love all we read about Cuenca but we wonder if it is wet, moldy and gloomy.  We live in Washington State (the sunny part) and want to avoid  Seattle-style weather!   Thanks for the input!
Cynthia

We've lived in Cuenca for almost 3 years and it's not moldy and gloomy. It's been wet for the past few months but certainly not everyday and when the sun is out it's spectacular.

Ultimately you've got to come and check it out for yourselves. There's an active expat community here and my wife is a Chiropractor but doesn't practice.

Hi,

About weather in Ecuador, you have two main options, the Sierra weather: Cuenca, Quito, Ambato with warm weather, rains almost everyday and little cold at night.
An Costa weather: Salinas, Guayaquil, Manta. Is hot, humid and rainy. 
In between you can find nice places like Yunguilla. close to Cuenca or Baños, close to Ambato.
But they're small villages for people willing to life in quiet places with no city activities.

Vinny