USA - Istanbul - Johannesburg

Hello everyone,

After nearly 10 years in Turkey I am in the low and tortured process of relocating to Johannesburg. It looks like I won't be working and I will be looking to set up a network for friends. I will be living in the Rosebank area.

Nice to meet you all! :cool:

Hello teacherchick34 and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for your introduction.;)

Harmonie.

Lovely !!!  You will love Rosebank !  And the surrounding areas are quite nice ! When are you moving ? Johannesburg is my hometown and I cant wait to move back ,im currently working in the UAE ,anyway please dnt be deterred by all the rubbish you hear about our wonderful city ,let me know what you would like to know or if you need any other advice on life in Johannesburg aka "Jozie" :)

Thanks for the kind welcome messages, I was down there briefly for a visit about 3 weeks ago, and I will be heading down for good in mid July. I really have no idea how I will be spending my days so all ideas are welcome!

well no worries i will give you a list of places and hang outs that you could check out ,based on your hobbies and likes and dislikes .  most of the stunning parks are close to rosebank and there's a very arty neighborhood - called greenside,where all the street cafes and lovely restaurants are .  register on he following website   jhblive.co.za

add me as a contact and just drop me a message if you get lost or need any other advice or help :)

Thanks!

Hi

Currently i am not in SA. I have move to SA in July, i am appointed in ESKOM as Senior quality engineer. i have been provide accommodation may be on sandton, sunninghill or kyalami estate.

please let me know how is life in johannesburg like social,foods & safety.