Floss & Folders

What a title!  I know this sounds strange, and there's nothing mentioned here about floss, so I'm sure they sell it in VN, but when I was in HCMC/Bien Hoa, I never saw floss in the supermarkets.  Do they sell it in VN and if so, where? What brands? I never looked in pharmacies.  Maybe there?

Also, am wondering what kind of folders are available in the markets/paper stores.  I'd be looking for 2-pocket Mead type (center 3 hole punch optional).

Thanks.

I've not seen floss around, but never looked for it. They do sell the toothpicks with the two prongs with floss attached, if that makes sense. I'll look next time I'm in super market.

Can't imagine you'll struggle too hard to find your folders pretty much every type can be found here, check out Fahasa.

METRO has a full line of them also.

I can buy at 24hours shop like Circle K, Shop and go, Family mart the floss.

Folder: fahasa or bookshop.

Nice day,

I can buy at 24hours shop like Circle K, Shop and go, Family mart the floss.

Folder: fahasa or bookshop.

Nice day,

Hi
I can help you

thanks for the info. I never saw a Circle K when I was there.  How sad. :(  Viet Nam wasn't Americanized like the rest of the world which was one of the reasons why I enjoyed it.

Budman - Metro has a full line of ...which?  I shopped at the metro in Bien Hoa for 2 months, looked in the toothpaste section and never saw floss.

Most supermarkets sell it - if you can locate the section!. Waxed and unwaxed.

I also use it for sewing "strain" buttons on such as at the waist line, belts, etc. It sure outlasts regular thread.

As for folders/punches the two-hole punched hole is more popular. I bought a 2-hole punch for equivalent of USD$$2 at Giants.

In passing, I might mention if you have a Western-style paper stapler with staples about one-half-inch wide, you can get refills here - Minh Khai Bookstore in Q3 (maybe Q1) on the low end of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street (western end).

Wow!  You guys are real A-holes.  I write a comment about how controlling you are on a post (a post which was begun by ME) and you delete it because you're scared of what others will think!  Well, if you're so afraid that others will agree with what I have to say, perhaps you should re-analyze your approach to us!  I find your way of keeping your military in line to be very authoritative.  This is a forum, not the U.S.  Lighten up!

And yes, I know you're going to delete this.  So it's for your eyes specifically.  I sent a copy of it to your supervisor.

travelinhobo > I just don't get it ...

> when we delete a message, the number of messages on users' profiles doesn't decrease

> we actually generally don't delete messages, we move them to a private forum (so I can check if anything is wrong)

This said, your profile shows 14 messages ... and I've found the 14 messages on the forums ?

Are you sure you correctly posted your message?

anyway, this discussion is temporarily closed for analysis.

Closed