Electricty Bills 4 More than 1 Flat ?

No I don't own 2 flats yet :)
just asking if someone of you knows if it is advantageous owning 2 flats in the same block when paying electricity/water bills... I have heard that people owning more than a flat can ask Enemalta to review the service fees

if anything its worse, as an individual can only claim lower utility rates on one property

Pardon?

residential v domestic tariff

The thing is that I got shocked today with a 1100 Euros bill for 7 months (spending already +2 months abroad) and since the landlord is owning 3 flats in the block, am saying maybe she can request EneMalta to reconsider the service fees...

the service fees are a minor part of the bill, far more important is, are you on domestic or residential tariff ?

as George has said the service fees are tiny (almost negligible) in comparison to the tariff for the usage.......and the owner/landlord can only claim one set of eco discounts (for one property)...its more important for consumer/occupiers to claim their own on the property they rent by being registered at he property mand ensuring the correct residential rate is applied

I dont worry too much about the landlords - if he can afford that many properties i guess he s not too worried about the bills.

Hi Darlin,

we just got the bill (in the name of our landlord) for August 2011-March 2012 (residential with 4 residents and Eco-reduction 104,81 ) and it came to 433 €. We have 4 bedrooms,lots of lights and a washing dryer but don't use the AC to heat/cool.

Our landlords wife has an account for his flat and so gets the Eco-reduction and residential rate for himself!

The service charge was 35,97 for electricity and usage was 452 € so it is only a small percentage of the total.

1100 € for the same period sounds like either bad tarif or lots of AC last Autumnn.

Look at the bill and make sure you differentiate between amount due and 'total for this period'.If the pre-period was not paid it turns up on the next bill ! And check the meter readings.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you all for your answers