Hello! Hoping to teach in Istanbul

Hello Everyone!

I've just joined the Expat.com and I'm very excited to have found this connection to so many like-minded travelers.  My partner and I have both recently become certified English teachers and we're hoping to move to Istanbul to teach.  If anyone has any suggestions of good schools or programs, things to look for or things to avoid we should sure appreciate hearing them!

Looking forward to talking with you,

Emily

There's always a need for foreigner teachers in Istanbul. But summer season is coming up so its like low season. You can start googeling language schools and applying for some before coming here. Some provide contracts, travel tickets etc. When you come here its also possible to find a job just by applying online or walking in to a language school. Also, if you have the correct certificates and enough experience, you might be able to make it in a university or high school. Send me a PM when you're here and maybe I can help then.

Dear Emily,

American or British English teachers are always appreciated over here ! So you can just apply private schools or language schools such as English Time or Spoken English

By the way I lived at WA state for a year :) Istanbul kind of looks like Seattle =)