Relocating with a young family

Hi everyone

My husband and I are considering a move to Kigali this summer and have 2 young children aged 1 and 2.  I'm looking for information on how safe it is to go out and about with young children and what activities are available for pre-schoolers and their mums!!! I need plenty of social interaction!  Also any feedback on the international schools would be great.

thanks

Hi jdavbill,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

my husband and i just moved in Kigali a week ago,we have a five year old baby girl and so far i found it safe for all to walk even at night,am looking around for a good school for our kid so as soon as i have more info on the activities around for the kids and mommys i will update you.

Regards,
Catherine

This is really helpful.  I wasn't sure about bringing young children to Kigali but it seems it's possible!  I am going to be doing some research in Rwanda, likely Kigali over the next couple of years and am also going to be starting a family at the same time.  I had been a bit worried about how compatible these 2 goals were but I'm glad to hear that others are doing it successfully!  Thanks!