Advice to bloggers in Kuwait

Blogging in Kuwait has become a very trending activity; whether you read blogs or write your own, one way or another everyone is affected by blogs.

my love for blogs came as a result of boredom, and longing for that "connection" that is difficult to achieve with mainstream media.

blogs in Kuwait are broken down into several categories; there are those that cover events that occur in the little desert state; some geared towards food; some review games; some merely regurgitate news from elsewhere; and the rest are personal blogs of a personal nature, rants and raves etc.

some blogs have become too commercial, and rarely feature any original content.

in essence, its a great way to keep up with the community as blogs will report some news items that mainstream media would not or cannot.

the one thing i dislike the most tho is how some blogs go "we were invited to a special ..." bla bla blah like they're some sort of celebrity.

so, u want to be a blogger, u go with either wordpress or blogger, now uve set up ur page and have started writing, but ur readers are few and far inbetween.

why?

outreach.

by no means am i claiming to know what blogging is all about, (i like to think of myself more as a writer than a blogger) but i did find out a few tricks to get readers, especially in Kuwait:

1) u need a blog aggregator. meaning, head on over to www.feedburner.com , sign up and follow the instructions.

2) sign up with botamba.com a blog aggregator in Kuwait and the Gulf Region, which will tweet your posts to its followers on twitter.

3) backlinks. visit other blogs, comment (something witty that would inspire the reader of comments to want to check what else you have to say) and watch readers come over from that blog to your own.

and of course, be sure to add your blog to expat-blogs list :)

Enjoy :)

Thanks for this post legacy ;)

Nice one. Okay so just a question..how can I add my blog's link as signature like you guys do?

Thank you ! =D

hehe my 1,000th comment on the forum :D

your best bet is to ask the team members duresprit :)

keep them blogs FRESH and above all PLEASE stick to original content :D