New Condo Purchase in Thailand

I am looking to purchase a new condo in Thailand. If the asking Price is 15 million baht how much discount should I ask or negotiate ? Thank you so much

@marcson72

Luxury build price in Thailand is 40.000 thb per sqm

Add some for location or services than you have a good price.

The more you overpay the more difficulties you will have with selling the condo ( or house for that matter)

@thermischcognac0k it is in the Sathorn Area new luxury condo 71sqm 2 beds and 2 bathrooms for 15 million asking price. Thank you

@t

hermischcognac0k

this size on the condo is listed as 30m2 location   is Kathu   price is 1890.000 Bath,  Thanks M.

Is this a new question? I‘m not familiar with Phuket, sorry

Kathu is a neighborhood of Phuket for reference it is close to Tiger Kindom venue.

What is the name of the condo building?

the complex is called "Dcondo the apartment is located in unit "C" second floor facing pool

For Dcondo Kathu I see appraisals at 36,500 per sqm. But there is no building/unit C.

There is a building C for Irawaddy Condo in Kathu, did you mean this one?

on the website HIPFLAT there is a map that shows dcondo, prices are currently 1.6 to 1.8 million Bath

it is on Phra Phuket Kaeo rd. 

As mentioned, I don't know much about the Phuket condo market.

Do you want to use on your own or invest to rent out?

If you want to invest, I'd be looking on the rental prices you can achieve and then calculate your return on investment based on the purchase price. Bear in mind everything in fazwaz, ddproperty and hipflat are asking prices, no guarantee that transactions are actually made at that price.

If you want to use on your own and it's the condo of your dreams, feel free to negotiate and take it if it's in your budget.

As mentioned, I don't know much about the Phuket condo market.
Do you want to use on your own or invest to rent out?
If you want to invest, I'd be looking on the rental prices you can achieve and then calculate your return on investment based on the purchase price. Bear in mind everything in fazwaz, ddproperty and hipflat are asking prices, no guarantee that transactions are actually made at that price.
If you want to use on your own and it's the condo of your dreams, feel free to negotiate and take it if it's in your budget.

-@thermischcognac0k

You seem to have a bit of knowledge on the this  property market and give a bit of advice or your own opinion which is more or less the same general info and thoughts which anyone can get. but the problem is that when someone shows interests you pretend to give those advice and try to make some kind of commission. That is what you tried to do with me and i blocked you. you asked me for my personal info to register on the thai property market to make commision.

Ok, let  me get this straight 

You, @marcson72, started this thread with a _bizarre_ post about a condo in Thailand and how much discount you should be asking for. Who‘s gonna give you any sensible answer to such a post devoid of any relevant information?!

To which I tried to help you on getting a reference pricewise with the help of public sources. I can‘t be blamed if you‘re not able to navigate those sources because of your lack of Thai. I have even retrieved the relevant info and posted it here 

You seem to have a very naive approach to your intention of buying a condo, which is in stark contrast to another informative post of yours in the forum on health insurance, which leads me to believe that you either share an account or it is fake.

I tried to be transparent to you regarding further detailed personal recommendations on condo alternatives and mine securing a commission in the case you're getting more advice from me than the general info, which turns out you hadn't have access to or didn't process properly.

I sincerely hope you're having success with your purchase.

@thermischcognac0k i hope you get the commission that you want from people here for your silly knowledge. good luck !  You ate the one to avoid.

Yeah thanks, 555, all the best to you nevertheless

Can i give you a little advice ? you need to work on your attitude a little bit and secondly you need to work on your resume to build up your clients i do not see any track records of you in this property market. all of sudden you become an experienced property agent and try to get the commission. how many condos have you sold in Bangkok so far ?

No, marcson72, as a matter of fact, I don't need advice from you. You were the one who sought advice here. (And I thought, I was on your ignore list anyways ;))

Maybe we should shift gears for the benefit of the forum audience:

How did your negotiations with the seller/agent go regarding your condo of interest? Anything you'd like to share? Did you get a discount and went forward with the purchase?

@thermischcognac0k. Good Luck !

@marcson72

Hello,

Once you tour the development and decide on a certain unit, just ask the sales staff straight-up if they offer any discounts, and what is the least they would take if you're ready to buy today. Once they respond, then you can maybe make an offer for them to take up the ladder. Keep in mind, you are dealing with sales staff who have no authority to negotiate. I always asked to see their price list of units available so I can see the difference in price from floor to floor. Many times the developer will hold back many units, because the building has to remain 51% in Thai ownership, so he will keep them for rentals. So, keep that in mind if you're planning to rent out your unit. You will be competing with the developer and his onsite rental staff. Also, they will not tell you this, but usually there's a lower price list for Thais, because if the developer doesn't want to keep all 51% of the units for rentals, he will sell at lower prices to Thais. My wife and I went to a trade show in March 2023 on the first day which was supposed to be for Thais only, and we got the price list for the building we were looking at. We went to the onsite sales office afterwards and after deciding on a certain unit, they presented us with a higher (foreigner) price quote. After we showed them the price list we had from the show, they said that was the Thai price. I told them we were putting it in both of our names, so they agreed to honor the price quote from the show, only after we mentioned that we could go back to the show to sign the reservation agreement. Good luck...

@Zeus.wmo. Thank you so mcuh for your valuable info. When I went to the Actual condo a while ago. the sales lady gave me the price list for all different prices, floors etc. in the end she said she will give a discount. and then I looked at the property selling websites, I could find the exactly the same condo unit for 2 millions less. I wondered how this worked. I have to admit I do not know much about condo negotiation that is why I posted this Topic.  My main question is that If I choose the one and make an offer How much discount should i be asking ? obviously you are not going to pay for their asking price which was 15millions on the website. At the Condo the lady who gave me the price list it was 17 millions. (exactly the same floor the same unit) I still see it on its website even today as of 14May24.  I really appriciate it. Have a nice day

@marcson72

Did the sales staff tell you how much of a discount she was willing to give? Usually, they will offer a furniture package or appliance package. The problem wiith the selling websites showing a price of 15MM is probably becuase that was the original "off plan" pre-sale price before the buidling was even built. They don't keep those listings up to date and they do not represent the sellers. It's all about getting you to call them so they can bring you there and then get a commision for bringing you in. That's why I said, only deal with the onsite staff. I would print out the 15MM price and bring it with you and ask the onsite sales if that price is good. I bet they will tell you that was the "off plan" pre-sale price. I would still ask them what is the price best they can give you, and if you are not satisfied, then offer what you would be willing to pay and see what they say. Good luck...

@Zeus.wmo the listed price was 17 but she said she will give 1 discount. So her asking price was 16 but on the website it was 15

@marcson72

If you would be willing to pay 15MM, you could go back one more time and offer 15MM and show her the printout from one of the listing sites. She will probably say, that's some old prices. Calling the agents on the listing sites won't help at all because they have to go thru the onsite sales office anyway and are just acting as referral agents to get a commission. If you aren't tied to that area, there's tons of new developments all over the city. I'm in the Phrom Phong area and it's a really nice area. Asoke, Thonglor & Ekkamai are all good areas too, along the sky train line. Good luck...

@Zeus.wmo Thank you so much

There are some that have old prices but also there are new prices due to currency exchange -- the dollar value may be still the same as the old prices but the baht value went up.   That's how we foreigners price our property -- based on dollar acquisition value not on baht.

So don't fret.  You're not really spending more dollars from old prices but same dollars (or slightly higher due to inflation). 

@marcson72Hello,My wife and I went to a trade show in March 2023 on the first day which was supposed to be for Thais only, and we got the price list for the building we were looking at. We went to the onsite sales office afterwards and after deciding on a certain unit, they presented us with a higher (foreigner) price quote. After we showed them the price list we had from the show, they said that was the Thai price. I told them we were putting it in both of our names, so they agreed to honor the price quote from the show, only after we mentioned that we could go back to the show to sign the reservation agreement. Good luck...       -@Zeus.wmo

Very interesting.  Two prices.  Would you say the units for Thai quotas are on the lower, side and back sides?   If I'm the marketer, I would design it that way to fetch the highest possible return for the developer.