Where to get information from for title deeds of land and property

My friend was married to a Thai lady in Thailand 20 years ago. They came back to England 17 years ago, since then she has inherited 3 pieces of land and has had a house built on one of them for her parents to live in until she moves back home to Thailand. They are now in the process of a divorce and she has refused to declare the assets in Thailand. He now needs to find out how he can get copies of the deeds for the courts to add this to there financial hearing as his money over the years was also used to build the house. Can anyone tell me where he can go to get the assets in her name found and deeds to prove this. He knows he will have to pay someone and apparently he has been told he has more rights as well because he was married in Thailand, not sure if that information is correct. He does have his marriage certificates for proof should this be needed to find this information out, but he has no idea where to start as his wife flew to Thailand to sign and register what was required without him.

@Joanne1505

He needs to find a thai lawyer to assist him.

Don't ask for advise on matters like these on any forum. You will get multiple increec

@martinoo2002 thank you for your advice, I assume he will have to find a lawyer on the Internet that is in the area of the land and property in question to ask if they will provide such information as its not in his name but he is married to the owner and the marriage took place in Thailand which he has been told gives him rights to get this information.

Thai family and marriage laws specify that property belonging to either spouse before the marriage remains his or her personal property after the marriage. If during the marriage personal property has been exchanged to other property this remains a personal property.

If this is the case, kiss goodbye to share any of her pre-marital assets, even when the assets were purchased with his pre-marital funds. In UK both of them are entitled to 50% of the joint assets and she may also be entitled to a share of your pension funds and benefits.

Most of all resolve your issues amicably, because this can drag you to insanity and/or RIP.

Incidentally, he has no claims over the inherited assets, which is considered pre-marital assets...excuse me I missed this...

@Joanne1505

What chutimaprojects informs is correct. if the properties were owned by the other party before their marriage your friend has no claim

Only assets acquired during the marriage can be claimed at 50% of the value, and this is if your friend did not sigh away the rights to

the assets at the time of purchase. Banks can require that for example..