Martial arts partner/school

Hi!
I' ve been doining traditional taekwondo (without contact) for almost ten years, then I made a break for the last two years. now I want to start again. I am looking for a good taekwondo school in budapest, an english speaking trainer would be helpfull. I am also thingin about kung fu. does anybody have some tipps for me? Or is anybody interested in training on margit sziget in the evenings? as a pair it is always much more fun than alone!

I am looking forward to your responses!

barbara

Hi and welcome on board Barbara!

Please note that you may also post an advert in Budapest classifieds under community> Hobbies, Interests, Sport Partners.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

Indeed. Thank you very much! :)

I think this comes up every now and then and deserves general discussion:

Many instructors do speak English, but it might be disrupting the flow of an all-Hungarian class to have to explain everything twice.

I've never heard of any all-English martial arts classes. If anyone does, do drop a line here.

Taekwondo exists here, but not as popular as the many branches of Karate (from the zero-contact Wado-Ryu to the brutal Kiokoshinkay), the usually mixed-style kung-fu (with the possible exception of the many pure Wing Tsun schools). There's also Aikido, Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga, Judo (called cselgancs, "trick-trip") etc. And Tai Chi... (I'd so love to do that again :-( )

We could organize an expat-blog Margitsziget workout while the weather is still nice!

Hi,

I'm starting all English martial arts classes on Margaret Island.  See Aikidokenilynch.wordpress 

Cheers

Keni

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Thanks.]

Hello Keni.

You may post your advert in the Budapest classes classifieds. It might help.

Thanks.

Karen :)