Interested to meet new friends in Budapest

I am new to Budapest and very much interested to meet new friends. Not having any friends is killing me here and it's too boring and lonely. I speak fluent English.

Drop me a mail if you are interested to make new friends. May be we could have a coffee or beer or something to kill time.

Hey man!
Yep, same here... well I don't have as much friends as I like.
I would like to make broader my network.
So if you are still interested we can meet having beers and kill time.

See you there

@Piachu @agatha
I will be in budapest by 2nd of June. I will PM you guys :) I am currently touring Italy. Sure we will have beer/coffee or whatever. It would be my honor to buy you guys.

Hi people, I have recently started teaching at a small English language school in Tata, about an hour from Budapest. I am English and can understand some Hungarian and would like to visit Budapest at the weekend. Would be nice to meet some others who maybe know the city a bit. Being a teacher, I don't earn much money so can't go to fancy restaurants or expensive bars :(

sangfroid wrote:

Being a teacher, I don't earn much money so can't go to fancy restaurants or expensive bars :(

No worries...thats what friends are there for..It need not be all about money..i will invite you soon ( will PM you).

Hi all!
I don't have big plans for the weekend except Saturday evening.
Sure, we can meet and walk around.
Let us know your plans
See you

I'll gladly join in on any coffee/beer drinking in Budapest. Will be there from the 29th :)

hey Guys,

Let me known if you decide something

Hey guys, I'm going to be moving across to Budapest for 6 months and would love to meet up with a few people.  I've moved to new cities on my own before and the first few days can be a bit 'Oh.. okay, right.. I need friends'

I'm trying to get in the city around starting from the 4th/5th of June.  It's all depending on landlords getting back to me regarding availability of apartments.  On that note: if anyone needs a flatmate, get in touch :D. Joking aside, I've only recently found this site and it would be nice to avoid the 'stranger in a strange city' first few weeks that I usually go through.

PM me or post up here if there are any plans.

Picachu wrote:

Hey man!
Yep, same here... well I don't have as much friends as I like.
I would like to make broader my network.
So if you are still interested we can meet having beers and kill time.

See you there

I hate to be a bit of a stereotype but if you're Spanish, I'd love to meet up and try to practise my (terrible) Spanish.  It's an ongoing project of over 5 years to learn your language.

Hey guys,

I also would like to meet people here...
PM me if you are planning something ;)

Coffee around lunchtime on Wednesday? Anyone up for it?

It seems like a good idea !

Hey guys!

Are you doing anything this weekend? I am also looking to meet new ppl! Unfortunately cant make it today.

Cheers,
Myrto

I'm also really 'hungry' for foreign compagnion, so please let me know if you are planning to do something in Budapest. Or if you are new in town, I can help you(even with some Hungarian lessons), cause I have been living here for several years now.
To be honest, I have an Italian girlfriend, too, who feels quite desperate here without 'real' friends, but she thinks it's too lame to meet new people on the internet. BTW it is the first time for me, too.

Like i promised, i am back on Budapest and will be free to meet friends anytime including saturdays and sundays. I will be sending a PM to all in the thread.

Hey,  I just moved to Budapest from Belfast 2 weeks ago and it would be great to meet some new people.  Give me a shout if there are any plans to meet up :)

Hi all,

Everybody is talking about meeting people but at the end are only words (including myself)
Let's take some actions!
what about meeting on Saturday in Aquarium ("Godor" for the experienced people) at 17:00pm?

Suggestions & ideas for different place or day are welcome

Regards

Picachu wrote:

Hi all,

Everybody is talking about meeting people but at the end are only words (including myself)
Let's take some actions!
what about meeting on Saturday in Aquarium ("Godor" for the experienced people) at 17:00pm?

Suggestions & ideas for different place or day are welcome

Regards

How about a place in the city centre, so that it is easy for everybody to reach? May be a coffee shop or some place.
Place and time is OK.

Once the place is decided i will notify others in this thread by PM (to be serious). I am surely organising a meeting this weekend.

It sounds great. I'm in! But guys there are also some really cool coffee places in kazinczy near kirally which are open so in case it has a good weather it s really nice there!

cheers,
myrto

The forecast for Saturday doesn't look too promissing

Oh too bad :/ I'm in for whichever place anyway!

If anybody wants to join meeting on the saturday evening, please PM me and i will send you the place and time of meeting. I have already sent invitations to those who have already PM me.

Thanks!

I'm new in Budapest and I really want to meet some friends here, I hope that it was not last meeting, I would like to join next one if you don't mind :)

I am again organizing a friends meeting (coffee and dinner) this saturday evening. If you are interested to join, please PM for location and time.

P.S: I organized a meeting last saturday and it was great fun meeting new friends. I am hoping more would turnup this time.

Hi everybody , I am an internship in marketing for 3 months in Budapest, and I'd like to join you for having beer and so on.

I am looking for sports mate also to play tennis (if you know where we can play)  or go running on margit island.

Please tell me when somebody organize an other expat meetings, I will be happy to join you :)

I speak fluently french & english, and I understand Italian&spanish

Me too,  i'm bored...think of me if you want to do something ! I'm Vincent fromage Belgium, i speak french and english , thinks of me, I'm free all day!

sorry guys...i was organizing meetings whole last week and now i am again in travel and wont be organizing meetings in Budapest.

Hey guys! We can still organise a meeting maybe even for this weekend! and gosubmit when u come back u can join :)

that

Very good for me :-)

Great! Hopefully ppl will come :P:D let's see who else is interested and set up day and time :D

Perfect, let me know

That would be great, Do you have any ideas or preferences for a time and place?

I am also in to do something this weekend :) Szimpla kert on Kazinczy ut is a nice place ...

Great idea! I will join just tell when and where :)

Would people be interested to meet tomorrow afternoon for coffee/a drink?

I am ok for this afternoon maybe we could go somewhere there is a concert for the european music day http://www.funzine.hu/events/european-m … ute-stage/
Maybe we can meet at deak ferenc metro station.  Let me know :)

That sounds good. Are others interested? What time should we meet?

Hey!! What time do u wanna meet?

Maybe we should say an hour and everybody say if it's ok or propose an other hour
For me it's ok from 5pm at Deak Ferenc