Looking for friends in Budapest

Hello everyone,

I am new to this blog...
I am from Germany, but I have been living in Honduras, Canada, and Brazil. Since almost a year i am living in Budapest now, but somehow I still have not managed to get to know many people.
Being alone in Budapest is really boring.

So please, if anyone is up for some drinks or anything fun, please let me know.

See you soon,
Kristina

Hi Kristina,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

You could check other threads on the networking Budapest forum.

I hope you get lots of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

hey, I'm new here as well. just moved from Austria to Budapest. not knowing anybody. So if you are interested i guess we can go for a drink.
greets

I would love to meet new friends as well :)

drink sounds good. :)

by the way, did you see the topic about having a drink at szimpla on friday? ;)

Hi,

Would be happy to meet all of you too!

Its very near to where i live. nice place, didnt knew szimpla :)

Most importantly, people say when they come, they should show up. There is no point here telling about coming and dont show up at all. Apologies, i may be rude here, but it happens all the time.

it's Kertész utca 48 ? near from Oktogon?

no. that`s szimpla cafe, I am talkung about szimpla kert. sorry for not distinuishing it.
it`s  near though, in Kazinczy u. 14

I would love to meet on Friday at szimpla. At what time did you want to meet there?

I was thinking at 8, but I am flexible. :)

i will be there, of course. Have you decided the time? I am for 7 PM, but flexible too. Thank you very much.

Hello guys,

We can help you to organize an Expat.com meet up in Budapest. ;)

when we will gonna meet?

at 8 pm. if anybody would like to have my phonenumber, so we can find each other, pls send me a message and I will send it to you.

8pm is great. So i see you In szimpla.

great. :)

I will be waiting in front of szimpla at 8 for a while. if you are late just come in the garden and look for a read haired woman, there won't be too many. ;)

1075 Kazinczy u. 14.  just in case.

I would love to join guys but i have to travel this weekend, but i hope to catch up next week

hi there kriwstina a,

i have been here a while too and have a few friends.. but the more the merrier.. i am from australia and a long way from home and i know it can get lonely..

lets catch up for a tea or coffee.. and have some fun!!

I am in for the next meeting !

alaa, r u egyptian here in budapest??

yes i am , i am staying here in budapest for one month living near oktogon

nice, let me know for your plan

Hey there,
would anyone be interested in having some drinks on Magrit island? I heard the sziget terasz (szigetklubterasz.hu/) is supposed to be a nice relaxing cafe/bar. Myself I have not been there yet, but I wanted to give it a shot.
What about Wednesday, 7pm ?

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
Kristina

Kristina A wrote:

Hey there,
would anyone be interested in having some drinks on Magrit island? I heard the sziget terasz (szigetklubterasz.hu/) is supposed to be a nice relaxing cafe/bar. Myself I have not been there yet, but I wanted to give it a shot.

Cheers,
Kristina

Although i have been to margarit but never been to sziget terasz. I would be interested to try out some drinks. i am in.

P.S: I will out of budapest on travel and wont be available from this saturday to 26.

ok for me...

Kristina A wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers,
Kristina

Sounds good to me too!

will be there :)

Nice, we have a good team !

Hey,

My names Ben and I am moving to Budapest on the 16th September. Is this a gathering of new expats meeting? I am moving on my own so will not know anyone and never done anything like this before so a little nervous about the whole thing so would be nice to meet some people :)

engie_bengie wrote:

Hey,

My names Ben and I am moving to Budapest on the 16th September. Is this a gathering of new expats meeting? I am moving on my own so will not know anyone and never done anything like this before so a little nervous about the whole thing so would be nice to meet some people :)

Hi Ben, I waiting for you guy :-)

vincentbns wrote:
engie_bengie wrote:

Hey,

Haha, little bit of a more scary response than I was hoping but thanks.

engie_bengie wrote:
vincentbns wrote:
engie_bengie wrote:

Hey,

:-) We must enjoy...you will see, budapest is amazing !

Don't worry, Vincent is mostly friendly.

vincentbns wrote:
engie_bengie wrote:
vincentbns wrote:

Thank you my dear :-)

sarah105 wrote:

Don't worry, Vincent is mostly friendly.

vincentbns wrote:
engie_bengie wrote:

I am very excited. Just got to get a flat and job which is the worrying parts so will definitely be needing some good drinks!

I see...I can help you if you want !

engie_bengie wrote:

I am very excited. Just got to get a flat and job which is the worrying parts so will definitely be needing some good drinks!

vincentbns wrote:

I see...I can help you if you want !

engie_bengie wrote:

Very kind. I shall keep that in mind.

Since I could not find a map: am I right that sziget terasz is just at the beginning on margit sziget, when you come from the brige walk a few meters and then on the left side?

serenity28 wrote:

Since I could not find a map: am I right that sziget terasz is just at the beginning on margit sziget, when you come from the brige walk a few meters and then on the left side?

You are right. Exactly there.