Have my Brazilian VITEM XI Visa but have to return to the FP. Why?

Yes, there will be a movie about my 3-month adventures in the USA trying to get a BRAZILIAN PERMANENT VISA. The working Title is "Everything that Could Go Wrong, and More, but for now just know that if you are expecting the visa from the Brazilian Consulate, then is not the right time to have a family fight about the lost key to the mailbox where they are delivering your Yes or NO verdict that week.

Also, apparently my luggage is still lost at customs. so, the story continues.

Roddie in Retirment1f575.svg

Congrats for the visa, Roddie!

It's correct that you will need to visit the Federal Police, but this time it's kind of just like to "register" your arrival and convert your visa sticker into a proper CRNM card.

I bet more experienced members about the permanent visa will say something more concrete but this link might give you an idea about what to bring to the policia federal when you arrive:

https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/im … r-de-visto

04/25/24    Yes, there will be a movie about my 3-month adventures in the USA trying to get a BRAZILIAN PERMANENT VISA. The working Title is "Everything that Could Go Wrong, and More, but for now just know that if you are expecting the visa from the Brazilian Consulate, then is not the right time to have a family fight about the lost key to the mailbox where they are delivering your Yes or NO verdict that week.
Also, apparently my luggage is still lost at customs. so, the story continues.

Roddie in Retirment1f575.svg-@roddiesho

Welcome back, @roddiesho!  It's been a long, hard trip, but you're finally almost there.

As @rocade wrote, you still have to register with the PF for your CRNM, and I'd urge you to do it ASAP.  Unless the paper you received from the Consulate gives different directions, follow the directions on the webpage that @rocade provided, starting with the online request.  The Protocolo that the PF will give you as a temporary ID while you're waiting for your CRNM will probably be helpful in resolving your Customs issues also, which is another reason to get it done as soon as you can.