Family reunification visa question

Hi! I have been to the websites of various Brazilian consulates in the US for this question. I think I know the answer, but I would like others to let me know if I'm reading it correctly.

Family reunification only applies to parent/child or spouse/partner.  It can apply to siblings, but only if the sibling is a minor under the care of the the Brazilian sponsor or under the care of the parent who is applying. It DOESN'T apply to the adult sibling of the Brazilian sponsor, correct?  It also DOESN'T apply aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, correct?

For instance, a Brazilian resident or citizen has a 20 year old half sibling who wants to move to Brazil, That would not met the conditions for a family reunification visa. Is this your understanding of it?

04/16/24 Family reunification only applies to parent/child or spouse/partner.  It can apply to siblings, but only if the sibling is a minor under the care of the the Brazilian sponsor or under the care of the parent who is applying. It DOESN'T apply to the adult sibling of the Brazilian sponsor, correct?  It also DOESN'T apply aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, correct? For instance, a Brazilian resident or citizen has a 20 year old half sibling who wants to move to Brazil, That would not met the conditions for a family reunification visa. Is this your understanding of it?        -@Tobie44

That is correct.  It also applies to grandparents/grandchildren of Brazilian citizens.  It does not apply to adult siblings, or to collaterals (uncles, aunts, etc.).

@abthree That's how I read it as well!  Thanks for the confirmation!

I also have a question on this marriage/stable union topic.

I am retired and my partner is a Brazilian living and working here in the UK, I will apply for my SU visa before leaving, but my question regards whether I will need to provide proof of income as the gringo? My partner will not be employed when we arrive and we will have an address in SP as we will be staying with my sister in law.

If this is the case, does the amount required need to equate to ~B$ 6.000/month?

Thanks in advance.

04/18/24 I also have a question on this marriage/stable union topic.
I am retired and my partner is a Brazilian living and working here in the UK, I will apply for my SU visa before leaving, but my question regards whether I will need to provide proof of income as the gringo? My partner will not be employed when we arrive and we will have an address in SP as we will be staying with my sister in law.

If this is the case, does the amount required need to equate to ~B$ 6.000/month?

Thanks in advance.     

-@davidhall1959

Hi, David.  Assuming that you two have a marriage or civil union registered at the Brazilian Consulate responsible for the area where you currently reside -- the consular registration is extremely important -- and that your partner plans to live back in Brazil, there is NO income requirement, and there should be no problem in obtaining  your VITEM XI.  Be sure to register with the Federal Police as soon after your arrival as you can, as the Consulate will no doubt tell you.