AIMA Appoinments

Is it possible to know roughly when AIMA Portugal will allocate appointment dates?

Don't believe so, unfortunately.

It's a lottery

Thank you for the response! Do they at least have some specific periods in year( like particular months), that it is opened? or it is also impossible to know?

At the moment there is priority for appointments for family reunifications for children up to the age of 10.

In other cases, you'll have to try to book an appointment by phone...

https://aima.gov.pt/pt/contactos

@AnahitMkh

Hi there! Unfortunately, it is unknown at this time. You can call the AIMA hotline to see when they will release dates on Siga though. Everything has been a bit unclear since the switch from SEF to AIMA.

Sorry there aren't more answers at this time. We're all in the same boat though, so you aren't alone in the confusion :)

@AnahitMkh I had my final AIMA appointment on Monday in Lisbon and it was eye-opening. From the (very friendly)  discussion I learned that they have a backlog of 300,000 files under process and judging from the queues outside (I would guess 400-500 people)  they are a long way from resolving this issue.

From my experiences over the past 3 years of waiting I would highly suggest getting a lawyer that can push for you.  It does cost a bit, but it does mean you get a place in the queue!

@williamstony360 thanks for the tip! The thing is I want to understand if I can get the appointment, how early I can know about that? I mean the time gap between the day of getting an appointment and the appointment itself. How was in your case?