Is £2k enough for family of 5?

Hi everyone. My family and I are moving to London (Rotherhithe) this spring. My job is providing housing and utilities. So aside from that, will a monthly budget of 2k be enough? We live a pretty modest life here in the States.

Welcome,

Things would be very tight, I don't think it would be enough.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I agree with SimCity.  Rotherhithe is in one of the regenerated docklands in London and is a very expensive place to live, the Numbeo website provides information on the costs of living, and this link will take you straight to the one they have for London.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Karevalo £2,000 for a family of five in London may be difficult, but with careful planning it is doable. Prioritize essential expenses such as accommodation, food and transportation. Look for low-cost options and free events to make the most of your budget. With smart choices and some flexibility, you can still enjoy your trip to London without overpaying.

2000 per month is very little for London. It all depends on your wishes. This is the average cost of an apartment in a good area. Let's start with what are you hoping for?

@Karevalo £2,000 for a family of five in London may be difficult, but with careful planning it is doable. Prioritize essential expenses such as accommodation, food and transportation. Look for low-cost options and free events to make the most of your budget. With smart choices and some flexibility, you can still enjoy your trip to London without overpaying.

-@GabrielIsj

If it was a 1 person, but this is a family of 5, so no it's not possible not the way the cost of living is.