Did you know there a Digital CRNM App? Of course, there is a catch…

Well, I found that Brasil has a digital CRNM for foreigners.  I can't speak to android but for the iPhone, it's basically impossible to install - because you have to have your AppleID set up to be Brasilian. 

My AppleID is US based and I have a number of subscriptions.  If I change my account to Brasil I lose all my subscriptions.  Now, I've been told I can create another AppleID and base it in Brasil, so I would have to log in and out between accounts every time I wanted to use the digital CRNM.  I suppose that wouldn't be too bad, but just seems like an unnecessary hassle. 

Why on earth would Brasil make a digital CRNM for foreigners and only restrict it to be used by Brasilian based accounts.  The whole reason you have a CRNM is that you are a foreigner.  Chances are you're already going to have a whole history of purchases, etc. with your existing mobile phone.  Me thinks this is just an Apple issue, where they want you to pay with a Brasilian bank account or credit card or some such nonsense - but the CRNM app is free, so who knows.

If anyone else has any other ideas on how to easily get this working, I'd like to hear it, but for me  at least it isn't worth the hassle of having and maintaining 2 AppleIDs. 

LOL… that was my rant for today!

@mikehunter thanks for the info, had no idea. I wonder if it would be accepted for travelling internationally or how widely these apps are used for id purposes in brazil?

By the way, for apple id, yes it is a bit if a hassle but not as bad as it seems: You can create an account for brazil, no card needed just select giftcard or something like that. And you need to only use it once to download the app and then you can log back in to your original apple id.

The app will stay on your phone and be functional.

Hey @rocade, thanks for the tip - looks like I'm going to have to wait for my new card to use however since it needs the QR code from the back of the card, and my temporary paperword doesn't have it - even though the image online has everything else already done.  I would think however that this should work to enter Brasil - maybe also with the airlines. 

@mikehunter What is the official name of the app?  Thanks

@sfcastro Here is the link:  https://apps.apple.com/br/app/carteira- … 1639551805

My protocol and my prior card both had a QR code you can scan it it takes you to a cite that pre-populates the card info. You just enter your DOB and out pops all the info about your residency.

Well, I found that Brasil has a digital CRNM for foreigners.  I can't speak to android but for the iPhone, it's basically impossible to install - because you have to have your AppleID set up to be Brasilian. 
My AppleID is US based and I have a number of subscriptions.  If I change my account to Brasil I lose all my subscriptions.  Now, I've been told I can create another AppleID and base it in Brasil, so I would have to log in and out between accounts every time I wanted to use the digital CRNM.  I suppose that wouldn't be too bad, but just seems like an unnecessary hassle. 

Why on earth would Brasil make a digital CRNM for foreigners and only restrict it to be used by Brasilian based accounts.  The whole reason you have a CRNM is that you are a foreigner.  Chances are you're already going to have a whole history of purchases, etc. with your existing mobile phone.  Me thinks this is just an Apple issue, where they want you to pay with a Brasilian bank account or credit card or some such nonsense - but the CRNM app is free, so who knows.

If anyone else has any other ideas on how to easily get this working, I'd like to hear it, but for me  at least it isn't worth the hassle of having and maintaining 2 AppleIDs. 

LOL… that was my rant for today!

-@mikehunter

VIVO (the telecom operator) does the same…you need a BR Apple ID to download their app to see how much money or data you have left on your account. After everything I've read, I don't want the hassle of different Apple IDs, instead I stick with TIM (their app is available to foreigners, just like Claro's)

It's really dumb, since lots of tourists use BR SIM  cards…thankfully you can send them a text to the number 8000, with just  SALDO as the message,  and if their system is working, you'll get a text in return with all the necessary information. But don't count on it, if you don't get an answer after a couple of tries, try again the next day.

Here is a link to the PF website that explains it in more detail:

https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/no … o-migrante