4 week vacation in Cambodia

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and I hope this post isn't out of the place.

I will stay in Cambodia during the month of November. It's a vacation, but I also want to check out the place in perspective of a longer stay in a few years. Last year I did the same in Vietnam, where I could stay with someone I knew. Since I'm planning to stay most of the time in Phnom Penh, I was wondering if there might be other possibilities than to stay in a hotel, or if there are hotels that are better suited for a longer stay. It's not so much about the money (although I don't want to spend too much on accommodation), but more about the feeling of a place. In most hotels, if you're in your room, you constantly feel like you should be doing something, and I'm looking for something where I can relax without getting depressed...if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any tips

Kurt

Hello Kurt and welcome to Exapt Blog!

Why don't you post an advert in Phnom penh classifieds > accommodation section? This may be helpful.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

When I was in Cambodia a couple of months ago there were plenty of apartments to rent out (especially in PP) with a minimum stay of 1 month, so much cheaper than hotels and nicer usually.  As Harmonie said above, checking the classifieds should turn up a few results.