A good honest real estate agent

Hi everyone
I'm new to Phnom Penh and looking for a two bedroom apartment. Is there a reliable estate agent you can recommend.
Thanking you all in advance.
Gary Tucker

Hi Gary,

Have you try to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Phnom Penh, this might surely be of great help.

Regards,

David.

A good honest real estate agent.
They live with fairies, handsome princes and dragons.
Snow White knows several.

Even fairy tale creatures have some element of real life, but good honest real estate agents are pure fiction. :D

Thanks David.
I will give it a try.
Gary

Well that's what I think also but no harm in trying.
Gary

Hi Gary,

Here is a list of real estate agencies that some members have recommended : https://www.expat.com/en/business/asia/ … -agencies/

Good luck

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks for your help.
Priscilla.
Fingers crossed we find one

Dont even think about a purchase until u have lived in the neigbourhood min 6 months ! And study the legalities before you trust anyone !!!!  Use your brains first! Then your brawn

Thanks for your reply.
It's a hard call will see what happens in future.

Look for yourself plus the high season is 1st Nov to 31 st april,bad timing

Dear Gary Tucker,

I am Sovann, Real estate agent in Cambodia, Please let me your detailed requirement in case you still need the help.

Best regards,
Sovann
+855 (0) 95 584 007
camtopproperty.com

Hi Gary.   I am Srilal Rajakaruna.I am from Sri Lanka. I was in Phnom Penh for about seven months with my daughter's family. My son-in-law is doing estate business in Phnom Penh. He might be able to help you. You may contact him. His contact details are:

Name.  Mr. Devanand
Apt. No. 202,
Mekong View Tower,
Sangkat Chroy Changvar,
Khan Russey Keo,
Phnom Penh.

Contact No.  +855 709 70200.

(Also 2 Roomed Apartments are available in this Hotel. Quite a nice spot. Lot of foreigners)

Dear Rudolf

Of course what you ask is antinomic, i am olivier i founded a real estate small group here in cambodia.
My advise is without crossing the limits of the advertising rules here, contacting the national real estate association, i named CVEA, and picking one of the 40 licencee agent-agency.

Under the Authority of the ministry of finance, CVEA have no personal interest in these kind of matter, but members feels responsible for their work, and have to report in case of complaint. ( its the Cambodian Valuers and Estate Association ) cvea.org.kh, ask for the director mister souhlin.

Your are not risking a big danger, comissions for the the rentals are very low ( hardly one month rental most of the time half month ) and the fee is paid by the owner by practice. There is also almost no possible bargain, so the only tricky point is maybe working on these with someone, you feel comfortable to talk to. A nice agent who  understand your needs, but i am sure you will find somebody able to help contacting our association.  Legally speaking, you just need to keep one hard copy of the agreement in khmer, thats very important, only khmer language is recevable in case of dispute. An another point to conclude is make sure to sign a proper inventory, ( these can be done in any language ) and taking pictures if possible of the apartement, the furnitures if they are included in the agreement.

Hope it helps

Olivier

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

My neighbor has flat on first floor with two bad room, two bath room, aircons, ..  currently rent to others but will end by december 2014. I will ask him tonight. his rent about $300

Thanks
Sithsophary

Hi thanks whether house in Phnom Penh?

Please contact :

Mr. Dave Sappani.
Apt. No. 203 - Mekong View Tower,
Sangkat Chroy Changvar,
Khan Russey Keo,
Phnom Penh
CAMBODI

Mr. Sappani is a Canadian Citizen, and a very reliable gentleman.

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : old topic + free ad is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct