Philippines

Can a registered sex offender travel to the Philippines, who is not on probation or parole just has to register and that's all?

Discard

Hi dudley, welcome to the forum.

I don't like your chances as a quick google reveals that immi here will/could turn you away on arrival.

https://tinyurl.com/28p5mc6a

Search google and you will find what you need, good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi dudley, welcome to the forum.
I don't like your chances as a quick google reveals that immi here will/could turn you away on arrival.

https://tinyurl.com/28p5mc6a

Search google and you will find what you need, good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

-@bigpearl

Looks like Steve is correct. Actually nobody here, foreigners and Filipinos alike really wants RSOs coming here so we are glad to see them kicked out upon arrival. OP doesn't state specifically that he is the offender but I am glad that there is a process in place to keep whomever he is referring to away from the Innocent women and in this country.

Philippines dont accept anyone with a crime of ”moral turpitude,” so you are out if luck unless you sneak by somehow. As Danfinn pointed out, few would welcome you in one of the friendliest countries in the world. Try elsewhere…

@danfinn

That was very tactfully said.

@Skip Scott

Try elsewhere? Good luck there also for the guilty.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@dudleyrc51 Unfortunately, no. Under the Philippine Immigration Act, foreigners convicted of crimes involving moral turpitude are not allowed to enter the Philippines, even if the person has already served his sentence or probation. In the event that the sentence or probation has been long served, the foreigner who wishes to enter the Philippines may try to file a petition to allow him entry to the Philippines, before the Department of Justice (DOJ). Substantial evidence, reasonable grounds and compelling reasons must be present to convince the DOJ to allow such exemption.

@apostillepinoy

Unfortunately

Don't you mean fortunately?