Where to deposit US treasury cheque in PH

Hi! I just received my 2nd stimulus cheque this april and i was wondering if there's anybody who has been deposited theirs here in the Philippines. What banks can you suggest to deposit mine, i got my $600 and also i tried in eastwest bank and ask me if I'm receiving it continuously but i said no and they refuse to encash my cheque to their bank. My friend ask the security bank what are the requirements they said that we need valid id's and also proof of remittance, is there any other banks that don't require proof of remittance? Thanks

If you have Peso Account at BPI..you can deposit it but it takes 30-40 days to clear the Check better open a Dollar account ..you can open as low as $100.00  for Quick Processing 7-days I think... I just did mine today!! I choose a Dollar account with ATM so you don't need to enter the bank if you want to withdraw your fund.

Hi thanks for quick response. Actually i inquire to bpi after i received my stimulus cheque and they said they don't accept cheque from treasury even if i have a peso account on them. Also Bdo isn't accepting treasury cheque. What cheque did you received anyway?

I just opened my account this Afternoon... According to the account manager, this also new to them.. just bring your Check to the BPI branch and talk to their Account manager...

My location is Cagayan De Oro.... RCBC  will accept also but you need to Open $ account with $500.00

Hi! I was able to deposit my first stimulus check at Landbank. Just needed 100usd to open a dollar account. And it took about 30 days for the check to clear. May I ask where you're located? I still haven't received my second check..

I can't check if I'm eligible to get the 1st and 2nd check but I already got my 1400$ 3rd check. Is there anyway I can check if I'm eligible for it? I cannot make an account to IRS.gov because I don't have active credit in the Us right now

HI
Can you msg me if you find a way to open a transcript account with the IRS? I dont have a credit card anymore either. Thanks

We opened a security bank account last year and didn't need any proof of remittance. It was just a pesos savings account. They do process foreign checks in 8 banking days. I've deposited two checks and the funds were available in 8 banking days. I also have a Landbank account and they take about 35 days to make your funds available on foreign checks. Good luck

Alright i will try again in some other day thank you so much!

sarahw45 wrote:

Hi! I was able to deposit my first stimulus check at Landbank. Just needed 100usd to open a dollar account. And it took about 30 days for the check to clear. May I ask where you're located? I still haven't received my second check..

Hi im located at san juan city how about you? Why haven't you received the stimulus cheque?

Carmina Francisco wrote:

I can't check if I'm eligible to get the 1st and 2nd check but I already got my 1400$ 3rd check. Is there anyway I can check if I'm eligible for it? I cannot make an account to IRS.gov because I don't have active credit in the Us right now

Did they mail you the 3rd check?

Tii Ann wrote:

I had mine deposited in my Dollar account in Landbank, and got it within 15 days. you can actually open a dollar account for a $100, just bring with you a 2 valid IDs and your SSN.

That's great! Thank you i will try Landbank soon. May i ask if you have a peso account on them?

Sumomaster2004 wrote:

HI
Can you msg me if you find a way to open a transcript account with the IRS? I dont have a credit card anymore either. Thanks

Hi what do u mean by transcript account? I think you can call irs if you have question or check their website

BC57 wrote:

We opened a security bank account last year and didn't need any proof of remittance. It was just a pesos savings account. They do process foreign checks in 8 banking days. I've deposited two checks and the funds were available in 8 banking days. I also have a Landbank account and they take about 35 days to make your funds available on foreign checks. Good luck

Yes about security bank if you're gonna open a dollar account you need an initial deposit of $500. But thank you for your advice!! You're a great help

Has anyone gotten a 5071C letter?
How did you complete the ID verify? How to get around it if you no longer have a US credit card and cant go there in person.

Hello! I actually just got my second and third check in the mail today!

Great!!

sarahw45 wrote:

Hello! I actually just got my second and third check in the mail today!

Yay! That's great. May i know where r u from?

Cebu city :)

Hi may I know if what kind of visa you were holding? Thank you.

What is proof of remittance

Ate what valid id did you present in land bank..

Anyone here who asked for a payment trace for the 3rd economic impact payment and received a letter instead of a new check?

The letter contains that I received a debit card through metabank and that I should call the metabank to ask for a new card if my card was stolen or lost or call the IRS for questions. Hope someone can help me.

The card was sent to my old address and the landlady told me that she throw it away. What should I do?

Hi any update about your deposit check? have you succesfully cash yours?
Thank you

Go to Landbank.

Pls go thru the previous posts to see if you can find your answer before posting the same question many times. Thank you.

I tried landmark, she didnt accept my stimulus cheque. She told me that i need to contact whom issued my cheque to incash my check and sent it to my account.

Hello, can I ask if you made it success deposit you treasury check or incash it at land bank? Coz I also have problem my $600 check, my daughter sent it to me here in Philippines but I don't how and where to cash it also. Let me know please if you made it. Thank you!

File a 2020 tax refund

Any success on the stimulus check? I deposited it to my capital one bank account in the US and after 10 days they reversed it. Im having my daughter mail it to me here. Will open a security bank savings account tomorrow

Hello, what requirement do they ask to open dollar account at Landbank?

I'm very hopeful I can deposit my check with Landbank.  But where are Landbanks?  Where are you? Thanks you

All major cities in the Philippines have Landbanks , some with multiple branches. Google Landbank and you're home free. 🙂

If one branch wont do it try another one. Sometimes it depends on the manager and if they know about that kind of check. My account is at Landbank.

After fourth try to the Branch Landmark Bank, they said I had to have a ARC I-CARD to be able to deposit the stimulus check in Landmark Bank.  Have you heard of that??  It is a Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card. 

Also, I owe penalties for overstaying my time on my green card.  I have NO money and how am I to pay for all this.  I need to go change my status to Duel Status.  Is there any way of getting penalties on green card dropped.  Just very hard here.

Are you a Philippine Citizen.  I'm not ....  I was but now am  just USA.  I think it would be OK to be dual but I have to pay green card penalties and fee for dual status and really have no income.  Do you have any suggestions?

I doubt that calling will help.  Did you get them called?  I've done US taxes for 35 years.  Did you have to file in 2019 or 2020?  You may be able to get a internet copy with that.

I do think if you can answer most of the questions, you can have them mail it to you.  It just won't go online. 

Sorry.  If you are just trying to file your 2020 and didn't need to file 2019, try telling the zero and answer (if asked) not required to file.  That will usually get you so that you can file a tax return electronically.

Did you have to have a "Alien Registration ACR I-CARD" to be able to deposit your checks in Landmark.  And then how long was it before you could get your money

GlennV78 wrote:

Any success on the stimulus check? I deposited it to my capital one bank account in the US and after 10 days they reversed it. Im having my daughter mail it to me here. Will open a security bank savings account tomorrow

Reversed what? The deposit? I never heard of reversing a deposit. What reason was given? I'm getting ready to mail my check to my US bank and it would be good to know what your situation was, like who reversed the deposit? The bank or the IRS? What was their excuse for doing this?

Thanks.