Job Offer relocation

Hi

I've been offered a position but need to relocate to Brazil , the position would start in April of 2024. There are 2 office locations where I could choose to live and work, in Nova Friburgo , or in Macae.

Can anyone tell me what are the pros & cons of living and working in either of these city locations.

I'm fluent in , English & Spanish and have recently started a 6 month intensive portuguese language program.

Also how does it work for renting apartments since I have no credit history in Brazil, is it possible to find housing without the necessity of cosigners for a lease?

Thx

Hi
I've been offered a position but need to relocate to Brazil , the position would start in April of 2024. There are 2 office locations where I could choose to live and work, in Nova Friburgo , or in Macae.
Can anyone tell me what are the pros & cons of living and working in either of these city locations.
I'm fluent in , English & Spanish and have recently started a 6 month intensive portuguese language program.
Also how does it work for renting apartments since I have no credit history in Brazil, is it possible to find housing without the necessity of cosigners for a lease?

Thx

-@Nicolas Pn

Nova Friburgo is on an elevation, mountain range. Macae is coastline.   

Both small towns. 

Macae ( pop 250,000 )  is , along with Goytacazes, an oil town b y the shoreline,  it has torrid summers ( yearlong temperatures range from 75-100 F ) , and it fills up during the summer months, particularly by Dec to March and Holidays, all tourist trade. it is also an oil town.  So if your business is on oil, then Macae is the choice, and you will have to bear with scorching hot summers.

Nova Friburgo ( pop 200,000 )  has a milder climate, with rainfalls, it is on the Atlantic Florest Reserve.  It has mild winters ( about 60-70 F range ), and not so scorching hot summers ( breezy ).  There are a lot of graingers growing produce, fruits, it's a quaint small town.  It's perched on a valley.   You will spot several German look alike constructions.   There is plenty schooling and a couple university campus.

Does your company not offer financial relocation assistance, such as guaranteeing payment of rent, etc ? This is a pretty common benefit where required. I'd talk to corporate HR if you have not already done so.

Is it possible ? Depends on the landlord and type of property. Sprealestatebroker can elaborate.

An "aparthotel" is going to be pricier than private rent, but, they are structured for people in your situation, as well as long term vacationers, and as such, usually won't require guarantees.